Corrupted downloads through ERL etc

Ubiquiti Networks® is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
petecarlson
Experienced Member

Corrupted downloads through ERL etc

Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Posting here because there is too much fanboy noise on the UBNT forum.

We are seeing an issue where downloads get corrupted when going through an ERL used as CPE, and sometimes when an ER8Pro is used as a building router. In the case of the ERL as a CPE router, swapping it out for an 1800 series Cisco always fixes the problem.

We can duplicate the issue and see the bad MD5 checksum, but are at a loss as to what is causing the problem. Has anyone else seen this issue or have any thoughts?

RSENG-Eric

Re: Corrupted downloads through ERL etc

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:52 pm

We've had a few weird issues with ERL. The latest was a port forward on a DVR. The login page came up, but you can't login as the plugin crashes. Funny thing is that an identical unit running on a different port is working normally.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:26 am

Never saw the corrupt paquets problem. We use them at the office since the we're released and had some on the network and also deploy it at some customers office. The only thing that I dilike with those are the performance once offload can't be use. We would like to set DSCP value so QoS could be apply on our whole network but setting DSCP value disable HA :-/

I think I saw your post on ubnt forum and seem it's related to NAT but I'm skeptic. Do you use PPPoE ? I don't use it so it could be in PPPoE acceleration.

RSENG-Eric

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:04 pm

One of my other engineer fellows encountered a similar oddity with a customer using Remote Desktop. They were unable to render documents to print through to their local printers occasionally, and then they were unable at times to complete a download from a dropbox type website at other times.

We use QinQ tagging, 1 VLAN per customer, with Cisco ip unnumbered to acheive similar isolation as PPPoE, but without the MTU overhead.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:23 am

for no explainable reason why the flash storage would be effecting packets that never hit it, you might find that a faulty flash drive causes these issues. replace the flash drive (it's just a USB stick in the case)

I've only run across this once. That unit ALWAYS misbehaved until I swapped the USB stick, then it was happy. Swapping that stick back in brought the problems back.

Return to edgeMAX™