Employee

v2.0.8rc2 Bug Reports and Comments - WS3 Firmware

Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:40 pm

Release Candidate v2.0.8rc2

FIXED/CHANGED
- Orphaned terminal sessions that would cause 100% CPU issue

ENHANCEMENTS
- Added checks that config changes save correctly before applying
- Automatically reload UI is spurious error causes UI screen to repload.

NOTE:
There is a known issue with Chrome that can cause requests to randomly cause an error when accessing a site with a self signed certificate.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... ?id=488043

We added some bulletproofing to try and handle this, but it could still be an issue.

Potential workarounds:
- Use Edge, Firefox, or some other browser (bonus: Firefox will save the password whereas Chrome won't)

- Enable HTTP (Device -> Configuration -> HTTPS -> Allow HTTP) and use that. Potential security issue, but if you are using an internal management network to admin your devices it probably isn't a problem.

KNOWN ISSUES
- WEB UI issues when not at 100% Zoom on browser especially on VLAN TAB
- Some language templates need help

Released 12/5/2022
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: v2.0.8rc2 Bug Reports and Comments - WS3 Firmware

Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:45 pm

Has anyone tested this firmware, comments?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

KBrownConsulting

Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:27 am

I don't have a WS3 so can't test, but maybe you should update the release date in the main download post. I know it says rc2 now but the release date wasn't updated so it's super easy to overlook the fact that there's been a new release...

mayheart
Experienced Member

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:15 am

Seems ok, saving is fine, have not encountered any errors.

CPU usage is around 70% now instead of pinned at 100%.

backtick

Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:50 pm

I have a WS3 and 53d ago we made a small vlan change from D to Q. Ever since, the unit has been unresponsive and on full fan speed without any sign of coming back to life. Exhibiting the same symptoms when I used a "-" in the device name.

Held the pin inside after hard reboot to no avail. Last time I had a very simple config and it took weeks for the GUI to come back. I suspect this will take quite a bit longer this time. How can we resolve this and is there a point of giving you access after it powers up for debugging?

Thanks

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:52 pm

backtick wrote:I have a WS3 and 53d ago we made a small vlan change from D to Q. Ever since, the unit has been unresponsive and on full fan speed without any sign of coming back to life. Exhibiting the same symptoms when I used a "-" in the device name.

Held the pin inside after hard reboot to no avail. Last time I had a very simple config and it took weeks for the GUI to come back. I suspect this will take quite a bit longer this time. How can we resolve this and is there a point of giving you access after it powers up for debugging?

Thanks

This seems more like damage than firmware as it is typical for a unit to not respond and fans be on high when damaged.

Did you hook up a console cable and power up and see if anything is happening?

Holding the RESET button at power up defaults the unit removing all configurations.

If the unit is within the 1 year period of warranty I would send it in and let us look at it.

backtick

Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:15 pm

It's been racked at an unmanned site with a WS-8-150-AC since purchase so I can rule out damage.

I did not connect a console cable unfortunately. Went on a 3-week vacation and hoped it would of responded by now.

I tried a variety of steps mentioned in previous posts for reviving a bricked unit and I know this is much more than my previous hyphen problem.

Purchased 2/12/2022 pls let me know how we may proceed with the warranty replacement.

Thanks

backtick

Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:35 am

Quick update.

I brought It to the bench and had no access with serial but I removed the FS SFP-10GSR-85 while running and the fans turned off. Whola I have GUI access now and just updated to rc2. Any idea why this happened?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:05 pm

backtick wrote:Quick update.

I brought It to the bench and had no access with serial but I removed the FS SFP-10GSR-85 while running and the fans turned off. Whola I have GUI access now and just updated to rc2. Any idea why this happened?

Firmware prior to latest RC2 had memory leak and other BAD issues. Now that you have it updated see what happens.

Also if happens again possibly try different SFP module(s)?

Return to Hardware and software issues