Cannot configure Netonix model WS-8-150-DC

This is my personal thread to share practices that have served my WISP well
tgerrish

Cannot configure Netonix model WS-8-150-DC

Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:11 pm

Hi,

Just bought five of the above referenced switches. I have purchased before and never had any issues. However, this time I cannot configure them Per the instructions it indicates that the switch is set at 192.168.1.20. I set my laptop to 192.168.1.10. When I try to get into the switch through a web browser by typing https://192.168.1.20 I get a cipher mismatch or protocol error. I am doing what I have always done in the past. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and IE all producing the same error message. I called my distributer and they took one off the shelf to test and had the same problem.

How do I configure these switches?

Please advise ASAP. I am beyond frustrated at this point. Spent allot of time trying the find a tech support number without success. Not sure how you can manufacture a product like this and not have a tech support staff to handle issues like this. Hopefully I get a quick response.

My number is 8089839583. My email is tgerrish@pacifichistoricparks.org.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Cannot configure Netonix model WS-8-150-DC

Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:28 pm

The firmware needs updated to support TLS v1.2 or higher for new browser upgrades.

Simply use an older browser such as IE or you can search the web on how to configure your browser to support older TLS as most browsers allow you to configure them to support older version of TLS. But again easiest way would be to an older browser such as IE which is no longer updated.

Then upgrade to v1.5.12 which supports the new browser updates.

Or if you use the Nwtonix Manager it will update the switch.

Or you could update via SSH read this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1377&p=10162#p10162
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Sirhc's Corner