How to contact directly regarding RMA?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
ZmNvv4GuB9DUxA

How to contact directly regarding RMA?

Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:26 pm

We shipped a switch for RMA and it has been 3 weeks now since tracking said it was delivered. No idea how to contact anyone regarding this. Forum seems less than ideal for a conversation of this nature.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: How to contact directly regarding RMA?

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:30 pm

What is the RMA #?

Did you go under View RMA in the RMA portal and see what the status is? It may be done and waiting on you?

The RMA portal is where you create and view the status of RMAs.

My "guess" is if it was delivered here 3 weeks ago it was done and awaiting an action such as payment by you but either way the status and all the info should be in the portal.
https://rma.netonix.com/rma_view
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:50 pm

OK so I did some investigating, your RMA # is 20200119

We issued the RMA on 8/31/2020 2:15:15 PM

But our system does not show it as received, do you have a tracking #?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

ZmNvv4GuB9DUxA

Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:43 pm

FedEx 396409294940

DeliveredFriday 9/11/2020 at 2:28 pm

ZmNvv4GuB9DUxA

Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:33 am

While I appreciate a response here I still feel a publicly searchable and visible forum is inappropriate for our (mine) discussion of private matters. Please refrain from posting anything you wouldn’t want posted publicly about yourself such as addresses. I’m already at a loss as to why you posted the RMA number and the other half needed to view sensitive information is easily brute forced.

To be clear I did not need help finding the RMA number. I need assistance in how to more appropriately interact with your company.

If there is a secure forum we can move this discussion to, please let me know.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:53 am

ZmNvv4GuB9DUxA wrote:While I appreciate a response here I still feel a publicly searchable and visible forum is inappropriate for our (mine) discussion of private matters. Please refrain from posting anything you wouldn’t want posted publicly about yourself such as addresses. I’m already at a loss as to why you posted the RMA number and the other half needed to view sensitive information is easily brute forced.

To be clear I did not need help finding the RMA number. I need assistance in how to more appropriately interact with your company.

If there is a secure forum we can move this discussion to, please let me know.

The RMA # is not secret it is simply the year plus incremental format 0000-9999: YEARXXXX, so your RMA # was 0119 for the year 2020.

There would be very little reason or gain to hack the rma portal as there is not any financial information stored there but simply a business address, symptoms, and tech notes.

I would have to be a very bored hacket to brute force crack this for no more gain than I can get from the web (business address). Keeping in mind the ONLY possible gain would be an email address and to achieve that they need to go through a LOT of bother but if you feel that is a threat I will have our software people put a tar pit on that so then it would literally take months to hack one RMA and get 1 email address.

As far as contacting us you could have sent an email to RMA @ netonix . com.

Our staff is going to investigate your tracking # and see if we can find your missing unit.

ZmNvv4GuB9DUxA

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:30 am

Is there any update?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:06 pm

I was talking to Ian about this today.

I see the tracking # shows delivered but no signature, normally they make us sign here?

At this point we have no record of this unit in facility but we are looking through everything for it again. Hopefully we can find it here and that we simply lost ot in house?

Return to The Lounge