LAG and VLAN tagging

Ericinidahofalls

LAG and VLAN tagging

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 pm

Good day everyone, I have a question about VLAN tagging and LAG. Previously I have had LAG setup on a netonix switch but I now would like to pass some VLANs over the bonded link. How do we go about tagging on LAG? I dont see any ports showing under the VLAN tab representing the bonded interface.

Thanks,
-Eric

Ericinidahofalls

Re: LAG and VLAN tagging

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 am

does anyone know if it is possible to tag vlans on a bonded interface?

cbwecomm

Re: LAG and VLAN tagging

Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:55 am

I have the same question. VLAN on a LAG...
I'm going to try a few things, but I think the UX of a LAG in Netonix (I hate to call it poor...)..is very different than what I'm used to in other switches.
I would have expected the ports to "disappear" and be replaced with a Trunk/LAG entry.

As best I can tell, you still have to manage settings on each port (MTU, etc) individually and separately, which seems very error prone...especially because there is NO indication on the Ports page that they are members of a LAG (or the same LAG).

I think there are a few options for improvement, from what I assume would be easiest, to hardest in code...
A) modifying the settings of a port in a LAG pops up a warning telling you to change the settings on the other member ports
B) modifying the settings of a port in a LAG pops up a warning, and gives you the option to modify the same settings on member ports
C) modifying the settings of a port in a LAG, automatically changes the settings of member ports in a LAG
D) adding ports to a LAG, removes the ports from the UI and replaces them with a "LAG-keyID" interface that is managed together, as a group.

Return to General Discussion