10g eta?

UnicornWrangler

Re: 10g eta?

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:30 pm

According to an earlier post on this thread, 10G hardware was supposed to arrive Q4 of 2017. We've been reduced to purchasing Netgear MS510TXPP devices because of this 3 year delay. It's understandable that the pandemic has caused further delay, but 3 years.. this is nuts. If the hardware is ready, just tape a piece of paper on the bottom of the switch with all the sticker info. Functionality is more important than aesthetics 9 times out of 10.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:15 pm

sigh..ya taking forever...the 10G projects kept getting put on the back burner....we are waiting for one last door sensor contact cable that is suppose to come in end of next week, and then we can sell first batch,,,but getting stuff out of china is still really hit & miss.

wtm
Experienced Member

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:37 pm

"door sensor contact cable" ? What does that have to do with a 10 Gig switch unit?

With the takeover of Hong Kong, by the Mainland China regime, it is going to be harder to get stuff from there. For the last several months, I have seen other manufacturers start looking elsewhere for their parts. Maybe time you guys did too ? Pirate2

Dave
Employee
Employee

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:40 pm

new 10G switch has external temp/humidity sensor, a user relay, and a door contact cable....

wtm
Experienced Member

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:04 pm

SO, you are holding up this new switch from the people who really need to make their network run faster and better, because of a "slick feature" that you have on the unit? :bull: A "Door sensor switch" ? :headb: Sure, those would be nice features, but I need a 10 gig switch that will work as a 10 gig POE switch to upgrade my existing Netonix switch network. I really don't care about any frigging extra "Features" at this point. I can't expand my network bandwidth, because I can't process more than your current 1 gig switches will do. I just need the new switch to process 10 gig the way the old one did. I could care less about features like temperature, and door sensor stuff at this point ! Please ship the new switches IF they will work as 10 gig POE switches ! (Worry about the other crap later)

I am sure I speak for many others here !

ginovilla

Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:59 am

Just sell those as extras for cost... let the WISP choose if they want the sensor! 10G now!

admin@aligntec.net

Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:00 am

I support Netonix. I think they have a great product. If they don't have what I need, I adapt and overcome... NOT WHINE AT SOMEONE ELSE!!

Keep up the good work and excellent product Netonix!!

:screwb: :crazy: :tounge:
Cheers,
Mark @ AlignTec Incorporated

wtm
Experienced Member

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:05 am

Just for the record, I also think Netonix has a good product. Otherwise we would not have bought, and built our network on and around them. BUT, we have, and we depend on them providing the needed switch and POE connections to make that network work well.

We have been expanding and growing, and as such we have had to expand and grow our network to handle all the throughput needed for it. Fiber that used to be 1 gig connections have been upgraded to 10 gig connections. Although Mikrotik has upgraded their routers to allow 10 Gig fiber connections, Netonix has not upgraded their switches to 10 gig. This being the case, it is causing many issues with our network still using 1 gig switches. This has not allowed us to upgrade beyond a certain limit of the number of POE ports (mostly 48VH) available on the device, and what we can setup with "LAGS" for bundle enough 1 gig ports to handle the throughput needed for router and backhaul connections.

Replacing a couple of those 1 gig switches with 10 gig ports, would be a welcome sight !

That all being said, PLEASE get those switches out the door as 10 gig switches, we don't need to sit around and wait for temp, and security alarm features on them. If decals are still an issue, as a previous poster said, just send us a piece of paper with the serial number and the FCC data on it. We are techs, we can figure out what port goes where without a decal. :thumbsup:

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm with Wayne on this one. I've been contemplating the ES-16-XG for 10Gbps uplinks, then multiple LAGs to get additional capacity to our wireless network but would much rather drop in a new 10Gbps Netonix I know I can trust and not have to hoakie it.

david.sovereen@mercury.net

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:06 am

Whats the new ETA for 10 Gbps/SFP+ switches?

Dave

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion