No one answers my RMA emails!!!

djboxny

No one answers my RMA emails!!!

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:18 am

whats going on, i have a approved RMA and this item was delivered more than a week ago, I email Chris with no reply. i email the RMA email with no reply. what the hell is going on.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: No one answers my RMA emails!!!

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:13 am

Normally RMAs take around 2 weeks from the time we get them, sometimes sooner, sometimes longer.

The problem is we currently repair switches that are not only failures or defective and within the 1 year limited warranty period which is less than 1% of produced units but also switches that are FAR beyond the 1 year period (a lot of units in RMA are 2-4 years old) and also switches that are damaged and not covered under warranty. Most of the switches in the RMA QUE right now are 2+ years old and damaged not warranty.

Plus since we were waiting on parts for production which is why there are shortages out there on new units and my house is being remodeled I decided to take some well deserved time off to insure the contractors are doing what I want. In the past 3 years I have only taken about 3 or 4 days off and work most Saturdays and some Sundays.

I am at work for a partial day today and Monday but will be back full time by mid next week when we start having all parts to resume full production. And since I personally handled all RMA repairs RMAs will be a week or so behind for a few weeks.

The other option is we could do and we are considering is to limited repairs to units that are faulty and within the warranty period and only do repairs on units that are up to 2 years old which would reduce our RMA load by about 75% to 80%.

So anyway that is what is going on right now.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

djboxny

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Good to know, i just wanted to know if the unit i sent you is in your facility. but never got e email reply. MY RMAs are repairs not covered.

bpnz

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi, I've sent three emails requesting an RMA for a faulty switch. One on 9/9/19, one on 9/12/19 and one again on 11/10/19. Haven't had a reply to any yet.
The switches mac is EC:13:B2:82:27:B2 and my email ends in .co.nz

Are you able to look into this please :) or PM me for more info.. cheers

djboxny

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Its been 3 weeks since my rma was delivered to your facility and NO ONE has sent me a email. I get you guys are busy but, either hire more people or shut the company down. I cannot purchase another netonix if the company is not available to answer emails since you guys dont have a phone number. my RMA started 1 Month ago. this is absolutly ridiculous.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:04 pm

djboxny wrote:Its been 3 weeks since my rma was delivered to your facility and NO ONE has sent me a email. I get you guys are busy but, either hire more people or shut the company down. I cannot purchase another netonix if the company is not available to answer emails since you guys dont have a phone number. my RMA started 1 Month ago. this is absolutly ridiculous.

Normal RMA's are 2 +/- weeks turn around but we will be behind several weeks right now for many reason.

#1 reason is production was halted almost all of October due ro parts shortages.

We still do not have NEW boards for RMAs if the unit needs a new board.

So even if we were not behind your 1 week past average but it will be several weeks more.

As I said above the reason we deal with so many RMAs is we fix damaged units and units way past warranty, most RMAs are 2+ years old and some 4+ years old.

Here is one solution that is not ridiculous, we should just stop fixing units past 1 year old and not fix damaged units then only fix faulty or failures covered under warranty within warranty period then RMAs would be way fast as warranty RMAs are less than 1% of production so < 1% of 30,000 units per year is only 300 RMAs per year and 20+ per month instead if 200+ per month dealing with damaged and way past warranty repairs.

Considering we do all RMAs at a loss as a courtesy hiring more people to do a job that we do for a loss is not good practice. Nor is fixing units that are damaged or past warranty but we do it to be nice.

What is your RMA #, I will go pull it tomorrow and if it is within warranty period and failed or faulty I will fix it right away for you but if it is damaged I will simply return it to you, does that sound fair and not so absolutely ridiculous now?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

djboxny

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 am

i am almost sure its damaged unit and not faulty. Then charge 25% more for repairs then, i want is the switch repaired. I will pay the price as long it is fair. Because you guys will fix damaged units is a reason i buy New units from you and possibly damaged ones from ebay.

RMA 3888

djboxny

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:04 am

OK, my RMA was delivered to Netonix on 10/28/2019 Its been over a Full months and not even a acknowledgement that the package was received. or even a simple email saying that the package has been received but the parts are going to be in back order for 5-6-7-8 weeks. Very unprofessional. And yes if your losing money on every repair then charge more. If your dont have the time to do so many repairs then hire more people. How can i buy a product from Netonix if you guys dont follow up on the RMA requests.

Thank you

Return to General Discussion