RF armor ends not working with Cambium gear

RF Armor®™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: RF armor ends not working with Cambium gear

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:32 pm

I do not have Cambium gear.

You say you have both versions of ENDs, the ones with and without the numbers on the Tangs.

Can you check with all your radios which ENDs work with which gear?

In fact test both ENDs with any radios you have and let us know.

If you do that I will send you a box of ENDs without the numbers on the Tangs for every radio you check them with.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

gunther_01

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:44 pm

Ihave tested a bit. I'll have to email you some pics so you can see my findings. Or if you go to Cambium users FB group you can see my post with those.. No one seemed to care there that Cambium seems to be using a smaller than normal port on their radios. At a minimum, it seems that the Force 200 and 190 do NOT like the ends with the numbers. All others I have tested, including the CAmbium POE, UBNT poe, UBNT NanoBeam, and a Mikrotik CRS series router didn't have a problem with them. I have dimensions "mic'ed" with pictures showing the relief cut isn't there on the Cambium devices. Which causes the issue I believe.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Well if you do not mind please make a detailed post here that way other people have this thread as reference.

Like I said every radio you tested detail here I will send you a box of ends that do not have the numbers on them.

On radios that both ends work give your opinion which end you feel performs best with each radio.

I have to decide moving forward if I wish to use the connectors with or without the numbered tang and your post will help decide this.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

gunther_01

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:02 am

Ill post a separate post for each CAMBIUM radio we have starting with this one. In all cases except the Force 190. The ends both felt positive click to me. Both held the weight of the device, along with shaking and a mild pull test. At this point, i truly believe the issue is with the Force 190. We have also tried a telrad 9000 radio, a baicells 2nd gen cpe, mikrotik crs router, A couple UBNT raiods like nanobeams, and multiple poes from various brands without issue. Netonix switches as well are obviously without problem. We, like many, have been using Netonix ends for a while off an on. And depending on what and where we order from we switch from UBNT to Netonix shielded ends on occasion.

For reference, the cable with the green band (colored electrical tape was with tech and van lol) is the NUMBERED end. These are TEST cables. Please don't grip about improper drain wire. We pinned them out, crimped it, and tested. They are a foot long.

This is the Force 190 5ghz radio

And... my pictures are too large in size.. ill be back to update from a PC after reducing them. PITA :(
Last edited by gunther_01 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

gunther_01

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:21 am

Try this again. I'm not the photo editor type.. So, links provided to our company Facebook photos

This is the Force 190.
I couldn't picture it with the Green striped cable because it wouldn't fully click in. It does "click". But, it's VERY soft, and not positive. It would not hold the weight of the radio, or a very, very light pull. Numerous attempts, with different angles of insertion, force, etc were tried. Slow and hard, or fast.. It didn't matter. The end would not stay in... We have tried this now with a half dozen "numbered" ends from this box. And they will not hold. We have also seen this at other installs, and didn't realize it due to our typical install that puts positive pressure on the wire before we zip tie the wire to the mast. (it's just something we do to make sure they don't come out in general, and have done for years now after other issues in the past. A little slack never hurt)

https://www.facebook.com/14015527935343 ... =3&theater

gunther_01

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:23 am

This is a Force 180 5Ghz radio. Both ends worked fine, and held up to generic pull tests. Both "click" well.

gunther_01

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 am

gunther_01

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:25 am

gunther_01

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:27 am

Cambium 2000 5Ghz AP

Both ends worked fine in this radio.. And these of course are much heavier than a CPE for demonstration of holding strength.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Let me know when you are done posting radios you test including other vendors if you have them and I will get your boxes of ends on their way.

PreviousNext
Return to RF Armor™