Random SAF CFIP-106 question

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
vnce

Random SAF CFIP-106 question

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:41 pm

I just got a customer who has their own link they bought years ago, it is a SAF cfip-106, they have the license on the tower we absorbed and we need to re-provision the radio so that we can manage it and have it work with our network, the guy who set it up has been long gone from their company and like so many other things no one knows the ip address to the radios. I have tried the default 192.168.205.x IP's but they were changed apparently. I have zero experience with this hardware, can anyone point me in the direction of a factory reset? I have the license so I can get it back set up if I can get into it.

thank you guys in advance, this old radio on google keeps pulling up their new lumina series so i am lost.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Random SAF CFIP-106 question

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:49 pm

WOW, I still have one of those links in service.

It has been setting there running for years so I don't recall off the top of my head how to default them but I think you have to do it at the radio on the tower.

However this link was also sold under Ligowave (they re-branded it).

You could reach out to the guys at Ignite if you use their equipment as they were from Ligowave and also if you know Matt Hardy personally he too was from Ligowave back in the day when this link was sold there.

I hardly ever work at my WISP office anymore but I think I have a brand new 18 GHz in inventory as a backup to the one in service but not sure I have my documents for it.

You could also reach out to SAF and ask them, they have always been nice to work with.

Could also use wireshark to capture its broadcasts.

If your using a Netonix switch to power it mirror that port to another port and plug your laptop into that port with wireshark then filter for broadcasts.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:47 am

SAF radios have a serial port but with a custom coax end. That could help.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:52 am

Look at the manual, section 8.2.1, the're a discovery tool to find out ip address.

Return to The Lounge