Netonix Qos and Ubiquiti

JockGraham

Netonix Qos and Ubiquiti

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi All

Just wanted some advice on the best QoS set for netonix switches that work in a ubiquiti radio wireless network. Wanted to prioritise VoIP traffic on the Netonix switches. Currently have been using the the DSCP option with 46 and 48-55 in queue 5 and 32-45 and 47 in queue 4. Is this the correct setup? is there a better method?

Thanks for any help with this.

Regards

Jock

mike99
Associate
Associate

Re: Netonix Qos and Ubiquiti

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:27 am

QoS on netonix won't change DSCP value on the paquet, only apply QoS in the switch based on DSCP value.

We can hope that we will eventually be able to change PCP value when we create a VLAN, every managed swtich should be able to do it and I've been asking for it for a long time. Be able to change DSCP marking would be better and I think the core switch support it but not sure since documentation is restricted.

For now, your best bet is a cisco or like that can do DSCP mark, a powerful linux box or maybe a Mikrotik CCR if you don't have to much traffic but personnaly, I would stay away of Tik. Several as good result but my personnal experience is that those are buggy aand that people should stay with a true linux that anyway not much more complex than mikrotik.

Return to General Discussion