Possible bug with Port Enable?

kfbr

Possible bug with Port Enable?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm

We use the WS-6-MINI's for an MDU. To prevent shenanigans we have the ports disabled on the switch until a unit is ready to sign up, then we enable the port. On the Mini's, every time we activate the new sub and do all the powercode stuff, we have to reboot the switch or the user will not get internet access. This was going on for a year but it only affected a handful of subs so I didn't waste too much time on it.
We are now using a WS-12-250-AC at a second MDU and we are having to do a reboot for each new sub. A minor inconvenience but I hate to take people down on purpose if it's not necessary.
All these switches are using the latest RC4 candidate for firmware, and it's been happening since at least 1.4.9 with the Mini's

Anyone else run into this?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Possible bug with Port Enable?

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:44 am

I do not see this? In fact last night we had HEAVY rain come through all night and I wanted to stop traffic from trying to go back to the main AF24HD link and stay on the backup link so I logged into the switch and Disabled the port on the Ports TAB leaving the Radio powered up and then this morning I logged into the switch and simply enabled the port and traffic via OSPF immediately jumped to the AF24 main link.

Your going to have to post up all your config TABs and explain how to replicate this if you want Stephen to look into it.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

intellipop

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:21 am

Here is what the Ports tab looks like. Other than configuring the SNMP/Password settings there's not much else we do to these other than the VLANs.
Would a picture of a different tab or the config itself help?
Attachments
ports tab.png

intellipop

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm

It's actually pretty easy to see the issue. When we first enable a "new" port that's been disabled but part of a non default VLAN, and then check the MAC Table it shows that it's reporting the MAC on vlan 1, when it's not even configured for VLAN1 rather vlan 2xx. If I go to the VLAN tab, edit the VLAN to be default, save it, then switch it back all better. This is something we can re-produce on the 12 port AC, and the 6 port Mini. It's with isolation turned on for the port. I've not tested with Isolation off. But it's really clear that something isn't working as intended when you see the MAC for the port on the WRONG vlan in the MAC table, then check the VLAN table and note it's not even configured to use that VLAN.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 am

Try v1.5.1.rc4 as there was some changes that could affect this then let us know.

Please always try the latest code as that is the version in development.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion