Temperature Limits of WS-6-MINI

wirelessblue

Temperature Limits of WS-6-MINI

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:10 pm

The specs for the WS-6-MINI say that it will function up to 55 C. I imagine that is ambient temperature? The temp reading shown in Netonix Manager is the board temp it appears. What is the upper limit for the WS-6-MINI. I have had a number deployed in Tycon switch boxes that fit the WS-6-MINI perfectly but they are running pretty hot. I have had a couple of failures possibly due to the heat and, now that I am using Netonix Manager, I am watching the temperature readings. It is a hot day in California today and one WS-6-MINI is reading 66 C, another is 68 C, and another is 74 C. All three are in those small Tycon plastic switch enclosures and two are at the top of towers. Is that too hot for them?

I am moving toward WS-12-DC switches in enclosures but have not settled on an enclosure yet for greater flexibility (powering AF-24HD radios, Fiber and DC up the tower, etc.) but I have not switched out the WS-6-MINI units yet. Should I be concerned?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Temperature Limits of WS-6-MINI

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:20 am

If you use the search feature you can find a lot of information:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2855&p=19698&hilit=+ws6+temp#p19698
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

wirelessblue

Re: Temperature Limits of WS-6-MINI

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 am

sirhc wrote:If you use the search feature you can find a lot of information:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2855&p=19698&hilit=+ws6+temp#p19698

Thanks. Apparently I was not searching for the right keywords because I tried that first and did not find those threads. Thanks again.

Return to General Discussion