Refreshing that a vendor sells replacement components

Magician
Associate
Associate

Refreshing that a vendor sells replacement components

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Just wanted to give a shout out to the team at Netonix. Lets face it no matter how well things are made they do fail. How many of us have piles gear collecting dust? Myself I had a few WS-8-250-AC's and a WS-12-250AC that died in production. Mainly I believe to the heat in the outdoor cabinets taking their toll on the power supplies. I simply ordered a few spares a while back and spent the last 45 minutes replacing the power supplies and upgrading the firmware. Going through testing now but it appears I was able to bring the 4 units back to life.

Pirate5 Thank you!!

SuiQ7y71

Re: Refreshing that a vendor sells replacement components

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 pm

I just had a 12-250-dc die today - I think - in production today. Was powering it from a large (2x BP24V70-3U) 24vdc batt bank, floated at 26.6v from both a Tripp Lite SU750XL UPS and a Meanwell HRP-300-24. Everything had been running fine for a couple weeks. I showed up and the UPS was on fault, and the MeanWell was quite hot. Netonix still showed 26.6 volts on the web interface. I shut everything down to move things around and cool off, and the thing never powered on again. I get quite a big POP when plugging the inline fuse back in on the Netonix, but no fan and no power LED.

I'm curious - the first time I ever powered on this 12-250-dc, it took a good 30 seconds before the power LED lit up. Is that normal behavior?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Refreshing that a vendor sells replacement components

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Not sure if it is 30 seconds but a few seconds yes

I would bench test it back at shop, if it fails then RMA it:

Bench test: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2780#p19221

RMA: http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1259

If things in the box were hot I sure hope you had the firmware on the WS-12-250-DC at least v1.4.8rc2

v1.4.8rcX wrote:NOTE: MSTP is still being tested so use MSTP at your own risk.

FIXED/CHANGED
- Fixed input voltage reading on SMART DC models that may cause false input reading if voltage momentarily drop - RC12
- Fixed Changed temp sensor readings on SMART DC models to effect fan speeds - RC2
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion