but here is what the manager displays for that switch:
Manager.PNG
Manager

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix Manager / Control Software

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Brough wrote:1. On the device display, Bandwidth displayed appears to be for port 1. I'd prefer to see the total bandwidth through the switch, or have what's displayed selectable.

I will ask Eric to chime in here. Yea it should be total bandwidth

Brough wrote:2. Is there some way to sort the order in which devices are displayed? I'd like both sort by IP address and sort by device name. Obviously sort by other columns would be useful, but I can get sorts by temperature or by power, etc., from other tools.

Yes, simply click on column header to sort by that column

Brough wrote:3. I'd love to change the width of certain columns in the device display. All our switches have address information as part of their names. As a result, switch names take at least two lines so only half as many devices display on the screen at once.

Yes, Eric needs to widen the screen so the max numbers allowed in the Port description stays on one line

Brough wrote:4. Is there a limit on how many switches can be displayed? The log says it's found various switches but they haven't shown up in the display of devices. Indeed I appear to have 69 switches listed. Most listings take two lines to those 69 devices appear to use 135 lines of display - but that's it. I can't see the newly found devices.

You will need to work with Eric on this one as I do not have that many switches to see this issue.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Brough

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Yes, simply click on column header to sort by that column

That would be great but it doesn't happen. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE on Windows 10 at this point.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:33 pm

What version are you running, I am running v1.0.5
I am running the linux version on a server in the rack though but should be the same
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Brough

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:36 pm

I'd like to experiment with scheduling an upgrade so I picked one switch and specified what I wanted as follows:
Capture.PNG

I clicked OK and received no error messages:
Capture1.PNG

But when I go to look at the schedule, there is nothing there:
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (9.37 KiB) Viewed 18644 times

It's been five minutes...

I have asked the manager to scan address ranges with more than 100 devices and it has added more devices than it is currently displaying (69 devices visible), so I may have stressed some limit...

Brough

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 am

Rebooted my Windows 10 workstation this morning and went back into the Netonix Manager. It's still only displaying 69 devices but they appear to be a different subset of the total devices recognized as there is only one device in the list that fits on one line (versus three such devices yesterday). So I'm seeing 69 devices displayed on 137 lines, i.e. the limitation is of devices not lines in the display.

I still can't schedule an update. I tried two different devices, same behavior as yesterday afternoon.

I'm setting this aside for now. I've very much interested in the manager's functionality, but I'm up to 133 switches (& adding 6-8 per month) so a 69 switch limit rules it out for now.

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:10 pm

There is no limit on the number of switches, it should be able to handle thousands. I'll look into it.

rmadmin

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Sort by uptime doesn't actually sort correctly.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:50 pm

rmadmin wrote:Sort by uptime doesn't actually sort correctly.

Work for me?

What version of Manager are you using?

What browser and version are you using?

Maybe try another browser?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Brough wrote:Rebooted my Windows 10 workstation this morning and went back into the Netonix Manager. It's still only displaying 69 devices but they appear to be a different subset of the total devices recognized as there is only one device in the list that fits on one line (versus three such devices yesterday). So I'm seeing 69 devices displayed on 137 lines, i.e. the limitation is of devices not lines in the display.

I still can't schedule an update. I tried two different devices, same behavior as yesterday afternoon.

I'm setting this aside for now. I've very much interested in the manager's functionality, but I'm up to 133 switches (& adding 6-8 per month) so a 69 switch limit rules it out for now.

Would you be open to a Team View with the programmer (Eric)?

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion