Buffer / Flow Control / Speed Issue

Ubiquiti Networks® is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
Poicono

Re: Buffer / Flow Control / Speed Issue

Mon May 08, 2017 3:03 am

LR3L wrote:Do you FC on for the AP side? Or do you turn on the router, too? How about your backhaul(s)?

I turn it on for the router too.
Last edited by Poicono on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Buffer / Flow Control / Speed Issue

Mon May 08, 2017 10:58 am

If your backhauls and local radios all access the router through the same interface then this is a bad idea as any Pause Frames from any radio can affect all traffic. This can cause poor performance and cause a packet loss if a UBNT radio that has Flow Control Pause Frame Storms from their firmware bug which looks like the switch is locked up but it is not it is simply packet locked. Using the latest firmware with the Pause Frame Storm Protection Enabled will prevent this most times.

If you look how I do things I set the switch up as a mid-span injector for each backhaul that way each backhaul does not affect all other backhauls and local radios. I then create a LAG from the router to the switch to handle all local radios (APs and Private PTP links)

Watch the YouTube video as I describe this in detail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JvBEAD4MFM
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to ToughSwitch™