Cable coming soon.

RF Armor®™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Cable coming soon.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Did you guys see RF Armor will soon sale its own cable:

WISP CABLE PRO SINGLE JACKET $119.95
https://www.rfarmor.com/index.php/cable ... prosj.html
sj.png

WISP CABLE PRO DOUBLE JACKET $127.95
https://www.rfarmor.com/index.php/cable ... prodj.html
dj.png
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Wifimax

Re: Cable coming soon.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:13 pm

I love the dual jacket cables, must have now!!! :hurray:

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Gel filled, dry tape, or take your chances?

PBX-Tech

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:07 am

The dual jacket appears to be dry tape. Excellent pricing.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 am

PBX-Tech wrote:The dual jacket appears to be dry tape. Excellent pricing.

No, not dry tape just double jacket. Both jackets would have to be compromised before you had water running down the inside of your cable though.

But yes, I think the pricing is pretty decent.

I may eventually offer a dry tape, or powder, or gel.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:36 pm

sirhc wrote:No, not dry tape just double jacket. Both jackets would have to be compromised before you had water running down the inside of your cable though...
What would prevent the water from running down in between the two jackets? I would not trust that the two jackets are so tight to keep it from happening. Superior Essex puts dry block in between the jackets so that doesn't happen.
http://ce.superioressex.com/uploadedFil ... d-BBDN.pdf

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:10 pm

The 2 jackets are pretty tight, from my testing water does not run down between them.

On single jacket cable the water gets into the cable pairs that are twisted where there are large voids which allows air to release in front of the water allowing the water to work its way down.

With the double jacket this is a TIGHT seal and the air (what little there is) does not easily void/displace around the water allowing it to move down. Its like filling a straw with water and placing your finger on the one end, the water does not void the straw easily as there is a vacuum and air can not displace to allow the water past.

Trust me it makes a BIG difference.

I took a piece of cable and cut a hole in the other jacket and installed it outside vertically on a building and left if out there for over a month and the cable ran inside into a glass with colored powder and over a month of several rains no water made it inside the glass.

I also then removed the cable and stripped it down from where the hole was exposing the second inner PVC jacket and there was no indication of water infiltration lower than the hole I made.

The problem with Gel, or even dry lock is the amount of layers in ESD cable.

You have the 4 pair wrapped with mylar then a rip cord and ESD drain wire, then a wrapping of foil, and then PVC jacket.

So even if you flood the wires under the mylar you have an area between the mylar and the foil and then an area between the foil and the PVC. Putting gel/grease/powder between all these layers is not really feasible plus you want nothing between the drain wire and foil as you want a good electrical connection there.

Instead of the inner PVC jacket you could use tape but I feel that if a hole forms in the outer jacket the tape is not very durable, and not as nearly durable as the inner PVC jacket so what ever rubbed a hole in the outer jacket will make short work of the tape and then you're boned as the voids around the 4 pairs easily allows water to work its way down the cable.

Personally I think the double jacket is the way to go if you want mylar and foil shielding.

Granted if you do not secure your cable well eventually both jackets will wear through but will take twice as long. But if all you get is a hole in the outer cable from whatever you will remain good a very long time.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:22 pm

So the first production run of our double jacket cable had lighter than desired printing on the cable so we asked our contractor to make the print brighter on future production runs.

The single jacket production run is done today and getting packed up for shipment so Harry (our guy on site) just sent me a picture to show me that indeed the printing has been made BRIGHTER to our specification. :hurray:

single 2.jpg

wtm
Experienced Member

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 am

What AWG size on the conductors, and ground wire?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

CABLE IS HERE

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:35 pm

The Cable is in stock and there is a really nice sample pack available for a limited time while supplies last.
https://www.rfarmor.com/index.php/wisp- ... -pack.html

COMBO.png

Next
Return to RF Armor™