WIN a FREE WS-8-250-AC - CLOSED - NO ENTRIES

WIN prizes $$$
sirhc
Employee
Employee

WIN a FREE WS-8-250-AC - CLOSED - NO ENTRIES

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Post install pictures of your WS-12-250X or WS-24-400X in the Share Your Installation Pictures under WISP Switch or click here to be directed there.

Rules:
Must show a picture of the switch installed. (Don't be shy all of us have wiring from hell)
Must show a screen capture of your WISP Switch Status Tab and any other Tab you want to share.
Switch must be running v1.1.X firmware which can be downloaded here

Post are only eligible is created on or after 1/23/2015 until the day after the WS-8-250-AC is released for sale (probably end of next week).

You must also make a post in this thread indicating you are entering your post into this contest with a link to your post.

The Post with the most likes when the switch is posted for sale wins a free WS-8-250AC WISP Switch.

Good Luck!

I also want to remind people about the use of Flow Control, please read this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=187&start=70#p2582
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

REALLY

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:32 pm

What the hang, over 500 switches out there in service and no one wants to post pictures of their installs to win a FREE WS-8-250-AC switch? :crazy:
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Re: WIN a FREE WS-8-250-AC

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:38 pm

IKWYM waddup widdat? :ak:

I already have my story posted viewtopic.php?f=14&t=267 and I figure that there is someone more deserving that could use a free switch so I'm sitting this one out.
Lemme know when the Mini Tower comes up for contest. Pirate2

sirhc
Employee
Employee

WS-6-MINI

Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:53 pm

If you guys want to see what the WS-6-MINI looks like click here.

The 6 port mini is fed power via POE uplink (port 1). You can it power from one of the 48VH ports from our switches which can feed it about 1+ amps constant draw. Now later revisions of our larger switches will have the ability to feed 2 Amps from a 48VH port.

Or you can feed it with a 1.2 or 2 Amp power brick that we will also sell or there are other manufactures out there that offer one.

Even though the switch is small it has the exact same switch core, CPU, memory, flash as their larger WISP Switch cousins so it uses the exact same firmware.

If you are feeding it with 2 Amp it has the ability to power an airFIBER/Exault/Mimosa radio using port 2 which only has one POE option which is 48VH.

Now ports 3,4, 5 and 6 allow 24V or 48V POE options to power airMAX or other radios.

Eventually we will make the firmware of the switches detect that a MINI switch is being powered by it and allow you to configure the MINI switch from the primary switch.

A WS-24-400A could power up to 4 MINI switches.

The WS-6-MINI is designed to fit inside the Tycon power box shown here.

If you are designing a MICRO POP this switch could be mounted up on the building and run a single wire down inside the building to a 2A POE brick and then plug the customers AP into the injector. Up on the roof you would mount the Tycon Power box with the WS-6-MINI inside where port 2 powers an airFIBER or Mimosa back haul and then also up to 4 other 24V or 48V radios.

The WS-6-MINI is approximately 4.75" x 4.75" x 1"

wayneorack
Experienced Member

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 pm

I like the 3D image. Are the holes on the side that go all the way through for mounting? If so, that is a great feature!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 pm

wayneorack wrote:I like the 3D image. Are the holes on the side that go all the way through for mounting? If so, that is a great feature!

Yes, the 6,8, and the new small 12 all have through hole mounting.

Although the first 100 8 ports you have to work at it because the chassis did not line up exactly right but we fixed it for the next batch.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Pretty exciting man! Still waiting for DC, but love seeing these hitting the market quickly!

adairw
Associate
Associate

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

ah man, I haven't been watching this thread and i've posted two of the switches I've installed!

Return to Contests