TS5PoE/ERX wall mounts

Help us decide what to build next.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

TS5PoE/ERX wall mounts

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm

please make a version of the UTSPWM for TS5PoE and ER-X units. I can't find a decent wall mount for this gear and I really don't like the slotted holes on the bottom of the units.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: TS5PoE/ERX wall mounts

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:50 am

Try a WS-6-MINI they mount to walls great.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:06 am

Except I have a ton of cheap ts5poe units and honestly, the mini is just too expensive to fill the role these cheap devices fill.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:10 am

The er-x-sfp (as a switch) is replacing the ts5poe for me and seems to be solving all the issues I've had with the ts5poe.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:18 am

So take a $90 switch and add a $30 wall mount bracket making it into a $120 unit?

Well there will be a STRIPPED down WS-6-MINI coming later this year that will be $99.95 MSRP

But it will have a plastic chassis, cheaper switch core (still better than the BCM53115 switch core)
And it will only do 24V "OR" 48V POE "not both" and it will not have current and temp sensors.

If you feed it 24V it will do 24V POE and if you feed it 48V it will only do 48V POE but not both at same time.

That unit will not need a wall mount but instead has our unique Through hole wall mount screw holes.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:23 am

$99 is workable and a through hole mount is vastly better than the little keyhole slots that are always a hassle to line up mounting screws and getting the right depth.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:27 am

I should add that I'm paying significantly less than $90 for either ts5poe or er-x-sfp (though stock levels still suck on these). They both weigh next to nothing compared to a ts8poe and are significantly smaller so $30 would be steap for a mount, maybe $20, or less in plastic.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:01 am

You forget I build things in the USA and Canada

Take for instance
The Chassis for the WS-12-250-AC cost me $18
The Chassis for the WS-6-MINI cost me $12

In China those Chassis would cost me $5 and $3

We make stuff in America not China and I can not seem to hire people here for much less than $12 per hour and that is un-skilled labor. Machine workers make on average $20+ per hour here and about $3-4 per hour in China and they do not have to worry about the EPA there and just dump crap down the drain or on fields, can not polite the ground here in the US.

The WS-6-MINI is MUCH smaller but takes about the same man hours to make both as it is the same number of bends so you only save the cost of the metal.

I first chose to make things here in the US because people said they wanted US made stuff but the truth is they want US made stuff at China prices. CAN NOT BE DONE!!!!

Ubiuquiti charges $399 for an ES-24-250 watts and $549 for the ES-24-500 watt so that is $1 per watt right?

People compare our WS-8-250-AC to the TS8 and they are FAR from the same.

First the TS8 has an undersized 150 watt power supply in "my"opinion and we have a 250 watt so there is 1 BIG reason in the cost difference. REMEMBER THE $1 per watt above!!!

No cooling fan in the TS8 which means shorter MTBF in "my" opinion, the SUNON fan we put in is top of the line name brand fan with RPM monitoring so right there the cost of the fan and the support circuits justifies $10 on the higher MSRP

Our switch powers 2 airFIBER radios which adds $10 to the MSRP for those MOSFET circuits.

People wanted current, voltage and temperature sensors well that added $10 to the MSRP

Our WS-8 is built around a $16 SOC/Switch core the TS8 is built around a SOHO $5 core.

I can go on and on.

Bottom line is I am finding out people really do not care if we build them here in the US or in China all they want is cheap prices.

I am finding out that people like you do not want Enterprise/Carrier cores so cores designed for SOHO apps are fine I guess?

Anyway I am arguing hard to switch production to China with my partners which do not want to.

I started out to design switches that had better cores, more creature features, and just flat out are BETTER and made in America but all I hear is people want cheaper.

Well I am listening and rethinking things lately.

Right now Netonix employees about 50 people though sub contractors in the US and Canada paying people from $12 to $50 per hour just think how cheap I could sell stuff paying Chinese people from $2 to $10 per hour!

I am listening, trust me!!!

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 am

Some uses don't need the Mercedes. Sometimes you just need an inexpensive poe injector switch that doesn't need top end performance. Your enterprise line definitely has its place, but I'm not putting $1000 in switches in for a poe camera install because it has zero benefit and is 2x-3x more expensive. I'm pushing maybe 10-15Mbps across these thing in a climate controlled space.

I won't install another junk ts8pro at a tower.

If your cheaper switch comes in at $99, is easily mountable and is better quality than the er-x-sfp, then I'll use it for small camera and unifi installs, but I want a temperature tollerant quality switch at towers.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:26 am

And another hurdle I have is Netonix is a US based company selling in US paying US taxes.

If I do it the way other companies do I incorporate a subsidiary in Hong Kong, warehouse in Shenzhen, research in Taiwan and sell off the docs in China to my Distributors which means I would then never pay US taxes on that money unless I bring it back to the states where as I am currently paying US based taxes on every dollar we make.

This is why UBNT has over $300 MILLION sitting in China and not the USA like most large corporations.

SO then those companies borrow money in the US secured against deposits in China from a US bank at a ridiculous low rate as it is a secured loan so they make more interest on the money sitting in China in a savings account as security then the interest on the loan here in the US and since the money is borrowed here NO TAXES PAID.

Think how much money you could make if you could reinvest almost ALL your money back into inventory without paying taxes on it until you repatriate it?!

This is what I am up against and why people just do not build things here because unless you do it on a MASSIVE scale through automation you just can not do it especially of people want to compare a product that is superior in just about all aspects and is built paying people a decent salary here in the USA.

Next
Return to What should we build next