UBNT PoE Factory Default Reset...

Help us decide what to build next.
LRL
Experienced Member

Re: UBNT PoE Factory Default Reset...

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:03 pm

I mostly we just add 192.168.1.1/24 as a secondary like Chris does, but I get brave (or stupid(you decide)) and redistribute that route via ospf. The only issue we've ever ran into was I forgot to remove it on one tower after a 2am issue and I had a customer try very very hard to login to their router...
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Yeah, I wish ubnt would have chosen a different subnet like tik (192.168.88.1/24)

mike99
Associate
Associate

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 am

Cambium ePMP factory reset could probably easily be scripted into a netonix since it's based on multiple cycled reboots.

From manual (fw 2.6.2.1)
1 - Remvoe the Ethernet cable form PoE jack of the power supply ofr at least 10 seconds.
2 - Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes and disconnect calbe to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes. (1st power cycle)
3 - Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes and disconnect calbe to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes. (2st power cycle)
4 - Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes and disconnect calbe to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes. (3st power cycle)
5 - Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes and disconnect calbe to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 secondes. (4st power cycle)
6 - Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for at least 30 secondes and allow it to go through the boot up procedure. (Note: Device will go through an additionnal reset automaticlly). This will reset the current configuration files to factory default configuration (e.g. Ip addresses, Device mode, RF configuration etc.).

Previous
Return to What should we build next