Mobile App

Help us decide what to build next.
lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Mobile App

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Has any thought been given into creating a mobile app that would allow for a few very basic functions, such as cable test, PoE power on/off/bounce, etc.?

I can see use cases where you may be topside and don't trust your ground guy or don't trust that your requests were properly heard and understood.

I know one should never work alone on towers but you could have to grab a greenhorn for your ground guy, or there could be cases where you can work alone but don't want to be running back and forth.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Mobile App

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:02 pm

lligetfa wrote:Has any thought been given into creating a mobile app that would allow for a few very basic functions, such as cable test, PoE power on/off/bounce, etc.?

I can see use cases where you may be topside and don't trust your ground guy or don't trust that your requests were properly heard and understood.

I know one should never work alone on towers but you could have to grab a greenhorn for your ground guy, or there could be cases where you can work alone but don't want to be running back and forth.

I can not confirm or deny that we are working or discussing such thing! :wink:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Well... I got to thinking... that auto-PoE thing might put the kibosh on the "cheaters" (pas moi) that might otherwise be tempted to hot up a drop before heading up.

Magician
Associate
Associate

Wed May 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Any update of undisclosed work?

Return to What should we build next