Maybe Most important need?

Help us decide what to build next.
wtm
Experienced Member

Maybe Most important need?

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:45 pm

I would say the most important need right now, would be to get out a 5-8 port switch to replace the UBNT Toughswitches!
DC Input is a MUST !(24 volt and/or 48 volt) Large Buffers a MUST ! MUST be able to handle the 1 gig to 100 Mbps transition problems!

You would be selling a lot of these, as many of us are pulling out all those toughswitches!

I know you have stuff in the works, but the sooner the better ! :thumbsup:

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Maybe Most important need?

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:17 pm

wtm wrote:I would say the most important need right now, would be to get out a 5-8 port switch to replace the UBNT Toughswitches!

DC Input is a MUST !(24 volt and/or 48 volt) Large Buffers a MUST ! MUST be able to handle the 1 gig to 100 Mbps transition problems!

You would be selling a lot of these, as many of us are pulling out all those toughswitches!

I know you have stuff in the works, but the sooner the better ! :thumbsup:

It is important to enable Flow Control when using 100Mb devices fed by a 1G up link port, or ports if using a LAG.

Sadly I had it turned off by default in our firmware.

To enable Flow Control go to the Ports tab, Flow Control has a column heading of FC with check boxes below it for each port to enable.

You want to enable Flow Control on the 1G uplink port as well as the 100Mb ports.

Our 8 Port switch is do to released in limited numbers this month I hope. At this point we are waiting on decals and retail boxes.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

wtm
Experienced Member

Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:55 pm

At this point we are waiting on decals and retail boxes.

Neither of which make it work any better ! :mrgreen:

Be waiting, let me know? Do you have a sell price on the unit yet? DC input I hope?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:13 pm

wtm wrote: Do you have a sell price on the unit yet? DC input I hope?

Are "target" MSRP for the WS-8-250-AC is $259.95 which is $70.00 more than a TS8 PRO but you get a whole lot more.

Our goal is to offer the DC version at the same or close MSRP.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

wtm
Experienced Member

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:03 am

When will the DC version be out?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 am

wtm wrote:When will the DC version be out?

Limited test numbers out in February with production release in March hopefully.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:59 am

sirhc wrote:Our 8 Port switch is do to released in limited numbers this month I hope. At this point we are waiting on decals and retail boxes.

Are you taking pre-orders for the AC version yet?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:08 am

We only have a small number of units (about 100) being released late next week, just waiting on decals and retail boxes.

So far I have been asked to reserve many times that which I can not to be fair so I think I am going to limit the number per account that each person can order?

Maybe I will keep a couple in reserve and offer a contest and give a couple away as prizes?

We do have a small batch of 1,000 8 port units following it but it depends on a shipment of power supplies from China. I messed up and forgot about their February holiday which we are still waiting to see if we will get our shipment out before the holiday, if not next batch will not be here until mid-March. :headb:

DC versions we hope to ship "some" (about 25 units) by end of February with larger volumes end of March?

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:51 pm

With limited supplies it would make sense to limit order size initially. That would have the benefit of getting them into varied environments and get quicker feedback vs. sitting on a shelf somewhere for a while.
I ask because I have an *urgent* need in one area and getting just two units (even one would help tremendously) would really get me out of a bind. If I'm looking at March I will have no option but to find a different solution. Outside of this particular situation I can wait.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:59 pm

We will probably limit to 1 or 2 units per person the first couple days and see how long they last.

We are trying to get the next much larger batch ready for end of February but as I said all depends on power supply company in China, they are still seeing if they can get these out by February 15 by air freight before they go on their 10 day holiday which if not puts them out like March 7th and on our dock 5 business days later.

Next
Return to What should we build next