WS-12-250B in half size enclosure

Help us decide what to build next.
dcshobby

Re: WS-12-250B in half size enclosure

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:41 pm

What are the specs of this for dimensions so we can make sure it fits in our box? Any idea when this will ship? We need some of them very soon. We can't purchase any more currently shipping switches as they won't fit in our boxes. We need this Toughswitch sized version with SFP and we'll be buying lots of them. Also, we are all AC powered still so our preference is still AC instead of DC powered. :)

WS-12-250M for the win. 12 ports switch, 2 SFP, AC powered, roughly same size as toughswitch with power port on the front. This is a winning product for Netonix. Get it to us ASAP please.

Thank you

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:25 pm

The WS-8-250 will ship by about the 3rd week of January.

They are 8 3/4" wide and 7 1/4" Deep, bu the nice thing is the power cable comes out the front so you can push it back against the box.

How many WISP Switches have you purchased?

How many 8 ports do you need?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:54 pm

I am going to assume there is an air intake/exhaust on each side and that some additional clearance is required for airflow.

dcshobby

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:49 pm

We've only purchased Qty. 2 of the 24-port versions but they're far too large for most of our towers so we won't really be purchasing many of these unless they're at a very large site used for backhaul of a fiber connection. We have larger enclosures at sites like that.

We can't fit the current 12-port version in more of our enclosures but we're trying to make our own "Tower Switch" by locating battery backups on the ground with router and have a small enclosure up top with a 12-port switch with SFP to the ground. Our current small enclosures we use won't fit the current 12-port switch so we're happily waiting for your Toughswitch size version as that'll fit perfectly in current boxes we use. We can add two and still have them fit correctly. It's not possible with your current 12-port rackmount version.

We would probably buy about 40% of 8-port version and almost 60% of 12-port version with SFP for our larger sites. When you get the Tower Switch ready, I'm curious to see if it's similarly sized to what the mini 12-port version is that you'll produce.

We have about 30 towers so we wouldn't be your largest customer but we're looking to standardize with reliable equipment and continue growing faster.

Thanks

keefe007
Experienced Member

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:44 pm

I need these!

JustJoe
Experienced Member

WS-12-250M SMART DC

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:19 am

The SNMP reporting voltage and current sensors are great! Any chance it has a temperature sensor?

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:23 am

I need these immediately, I have sent you a PM @sirhc !

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:10 pm

lligetfa wrote:I am going to assume there is an air intake/exhaust on each side and that some additional clearance is required for airflow.

About a half an inch on either side for air flow with it's back against the wall.
dcshobby wrote:We've only purchased Qty. 2 of the 24-port versions

Thanks, every switch helps as we need to generate as much working capital as possible to keep developing/producing new products. Next is 8 port, then DC versions, then 12 port mini, and then tower switches.
dcshobby wrote:We have about 30 towers so we wouldn't be your largest customer but we're looking to standardize with reliable equipment and continue growing faster.
Thanks

That is twice the towers my WISP has!
keefe007 wrote:I need these!

Good, they are coming (8 port) soon!
JustJoe wrote:The SNMP reporting voltage and current sensors are great! Any chance it has a temperature sensor?

They have 2/3 temperature sensors respectfully, one in each main chip and one on the bottom of the board. The board sensor will not provide ambient box temperature but we hope to eventually create an algorithm that will estimate it pretty close.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:00 am

You know I'll buy the hell out of these little 8 ports Chris. I'm using crap ass 750UP's at compact sites just for crude voltage monitoring because the freaking TS5's don't have it. Being able to power 24/48/48VH is big too! I'm stoked man.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:14 pm

My biggest interest will be in the 8 port DC model! Pirate6

The dimensions of the AC model got me thinking. You probably are aware that at 7.25" it is a little deep for some of our outdoor enclosures. :cry: All cables on the front definitely help that, but still. I'm guessing that a lot of that volume is power converter/regulator space.

The power features are so complete, these models will basically eliminate the need for mid-span injectors and cabling, and in my case, those took up extra height instead of depth.

So my suggestion is what if all the power pieces were "modularized" and segregated from the switch technology "module" so that the power module could be made to live above/below or behind the switch module? I remember that Josh was advocating in the UBNT forums that POE boxes should have swappable power sources so that things could be more consistent. But high current connectors are not cheap, so maybe still selling the pieces in one box is most cost effective, just two different box models, where the modularization would reduce production costs?

In other words if there was a choice between the DC "tall" model and the DC "deep" model, i would choose the "tall" model for all my remote sites. :D

PreviousNext
Return to What should we build next