WS-12-250B in half size enclosure

Help us decide what to build next.
Dave
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-12-250B in half size enclosure

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:29 pm

We have poly fuses per POE port, which are resettable once short goes away. Plus we will have software that should be able to detect
short circuits on the port cable, so once we detect a short in the cable software will not allow POE power to be applied.

Will this be good enough?

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Indeeeed! VERY NICE! Pirate5

Now the only wishes left are that the DC model won't break the bank, and that it will be available next Friday. :wink:

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:55 pm

jjonsson wrote:How do I pre-order ?

And when do you expect them to hit distributors ?

I will swap every single THOUGHswitch I have with one of these. Especially the possibility to power AirFibers is great news!
I'm hit really hard by the half download/full upload problem and noone at UBNT seems to care about it.
Hope a switch like this will solve the problem....

Where as I would love to blame the ToughSwitch for this I am not so sure.
I am just removing my last ToughSwitches and I really did not see this issue with the ToughSwitches.

Now I do see much less packet loss with our switches and "MAYBE" a little more consistent high speeds but I am not so sure this can all be laid on the ToughSwitch yet.

I would have weighed in on this on the UBNT Forums but for some strange reason I can no longer post over there?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:23 am

sirhc wrote:Where as I would love to blame the ToughSwitch for this I am not so sure.
I am just removing my last ToughSwitches and I really did not see this issue with the ToughSwitches.

Now I do see much less packet loss with our switches and "MAYBE" a little more consistent high speeds but I am not so sure this can all be laid on the ToughSwitch yet.

I would have weighed in on this on the UBNT Forums but for some strange reason I can no longer post over there?

I have the frustrating problem all over my network. Those places I have swapped the TS-Pro or TS-5 for an ERPOE it has disappeared (small sites with 3 sectors and 2 links)
If I instead install a small HP switch 8 port its also gone. But I don't have room for switch and PoE adapters and I need the ability to powercycle equipment. I can do that from the THOUGHswitch.

So looking forward to a 8 or 12 port half 19" sized switch that will fit my enclosures. Especially the ability to be able to power AirFibers directly from the switch is something I am looking forward to.
My enclosures will look very nice and clean that way :-)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 am

PM me your address, and contact info "cell" and I will see what I can do

will you be around tomorrow?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

WS-12-250M AC and SMART DC version

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:50 am

Here is a peak at our WS-12-250M, the M stands for MIMI

It has the exact same specs as a WS-12-250A which is 12 GB Ethernet ports and 2 SFP cages/ports.

Ports 1-12 can do 24V and 48V .5A passive POE
Ports 1-4 can also do 48VH 1.2A to power airFIBER / Exalt / SAF type links

It is just a hair bigger then a ToughSwitch PRO and comes in AC and DC versions.
Remember our DC versions are smart and can accept 9C to 60V DC, and fully monitors your DC battery bank status with DC input current and voltage sensors. It can determine when your bank is being charged and report data via SNMP.
12 port DC.png
12 port DC.png (82.97 KiB) Viewed 23244 times

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:30 am

That's the problem, Chris,

" It can determine when your bank is being charged and report data via SNMP."

By bank hasn't been charged, so I assume the DC switch is not yet being shipped to me :P

ryanm

Re: WS-12-250M AC and SMART DC version

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:41 pm

sirhc wrote:Here is a peak at our WS-12-250M, the M stands for MIMI

It has the exact same specs as a WS-12-250A which is 12 GB Ethernet ports and 2 SFP cages/ports.

Ports 1-12 can do 24V and 48V .5A passive POE
Ports 1-4 can also do 48VH 1.2A to power airFIBER / Exalt / SAF type links

It is just a hair bigger then a ToughSwitch PRO and comes in AC and DC versions.
Remember our DC versions are smart and can accept 9C to 60V DC, and fully monitors your DC battery bank status with DC input current and voltage sensors. It can determine when your bank is being charged and report data via SNMP.
12 port DC.png

This in Smart DC looks awesome!

dcshobby

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:57 pm

What are the specs of this for dimensions so we can make sure it fits in our box? Any idea when this will ship? We need some of them very soon.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:39 am

Add my name to the customer list if a small form factor 8 or 12 port GB POE switch is produced. I need to replace our problematic TS-8's as soon as possible (yesterday) but our cabinets will not accommodate a full rack mount. Some locations are just fine with an 8 port but others really could use a 12 port.
Some locations can run on DC but some have only AC available (with remote UPS).

PreviousNext
Return to What should we build next