not airprism but...

Help us decide what to build next.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

not airprism but...

Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Ok, so I lead this post by saying that I do completely appreciate the point of a dynamically adjustable band-pass filter for the radio, so kudos for the still vaporware airPRISM for addressing that someday.

That said, this isn't black magic. I'd love to see some standard frequency set band-pass filters w/ 1 male and 1 female rp-sma to be fitted between a rocket and a sector. I know there are tons of combinations, but really just handling the 3 common non-overlapping channels w/ 20Mhz (or ~20-22) band passes at 5745, 5785, and 5825.

Sure, it reduces flexability for software frequency changes, but I don't see APs change frequencies very often. Well built bandpasses will probably drop 2dBi, and cheaper up to ~5dBi, but losing just a few dBm can be a very comfortable loss to shed the out-of-band energy hitting the radio.

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Re: not airprism but...

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Meh. I could see this going both ways. I also don't make changes to APs often, but when I do I'm not sure I'd want a tower climb. And really, with RF Armor I have minimal issues with either myself or others.

Return to What should we build next