Cisco style ACLs

Help us decide what to build next.
Paul-ion

Cisco style ACLs

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:23 am

Hello!

I wasn't sure where to post this feature request. If there's a better forum please let me know or move it across.

It would be great to have Cisco style ACLs on the WISP switches. Very useful for our deployment scenario.

Any plans to introduce these?

Cheers!
Paul

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Cisco style ACLs

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:37 am

Normally ACLs are handled at your route level and above not your layer 2 level.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Paul-ion

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:58 am

Hi Chris!

Due to restrictions on available IP space we have had to allow clients with public IPs to share the same VLAN. We use ACLs on the switch ports to only allow access from the client's allocated IPs. That way if they misconfigure their IP, it won't knock out other client internet access.

As the network is distributed across multiple locations, it was the only way I could see to achieve that.

The network is currently made up of Cisco SG300 and older Linksys switches which have this ACL feature per port.

It would be great if you could add this feature in a future release. I did a search on the forum but could not easily find a roadmap. Can you direct me to it please?

You were recommended to us by LinITX in the UK. We've bought a few WS-12-250-ACs so far and plan on purchasing more.

You products are impressive. The interface is the best I've seen in any switch I've used.

Cheers!
Paul

Paul-ion

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:38 am

No plans to add Cisco style ACLs to switch ports yet?

I'm looking to replace existing and install new switches. They need to have this feature for our environment.

Return to What should we build next