Tower Switch Mini

Help us decide what to build next.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Tower Switch Mini

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:45 pm

mhoppes wrote:So you're saying the DC power supply will not have this in-rush demand?

The DC power supply will have an inrush but it will be hooked to a battery or battery bank which will have TONS of amps.

mhoppes wrote:Hey Chris... not trying to be a dead bolt on a rusty door (what does that even mean?), but is a 250 watt power supply going to start up this switch... keeping in mind the issues I've had?

But your question was if the 250 watt DC power supply was big enough to power up the switch, I assumed you were making reference to your problems with your little inverter not having the ass to handle the AC power supply inrush?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Considering that the average car battery has a minimum of 200 Amps to well over 1,000 Amps inrush demand for startup will NOT be a problem! :nono:

Also most people run battery banks so you could easily have 4,000 plus Amps at your disposal! :crazy:

I just noticed that this emoticon :nono: could be interpreted two different ways! I always thought it was the index finger wagging meaning NO NO

It could also be the middle finger,which is it?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:20 pm

sirhc wrote:...

I just noticed that this emoticon :nono: could be interpreted two different ways! I always thought it was the index finger wagging meaning NO NO

It could also be the middle finger,which is it?

Does look like middle ... But still ambiguous.

It could mean NO NO fu...dging Orrrr with the big smile ... Wishing you very happy fu...dging

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:35 pm

I am just wondering if I should take it off as an option as it could be misinterpreted?

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:38 pm

No need to remove it. It is not ambiguous. An index finger is wagged. A middle finger is thrust upward.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 pm

lligetfa wrote:No need to remove it. It is not ambiguous. An index finger is wagged. A middle finger is thrust upward.

Wellll it all depends on which your partner prefers. :yikes: :lol:

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Chris,
I know what you are saying... but in the case of some DC power supplies, the load does not hook directly to the battery plant, it hooks to the battery conditioner/power supply... which is what raised my question.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Glad to see other people also have no real life & have time to discuss appendage digits & their meaning.....ha

DC-DC will have a lower inrush requirement (power=watts) compared to the AC version.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:29 pm

The idea of our DC switch is you can hook it directly to batteries as it can use 9 - 60V no conditioning needed.

If you have a 48V DC conditioned site then just take the AC power supply out and hook it to that.

If you have 12,24,48 DC power you are good and it can run any down to 9V DC and you can power 24V and 48V radios

Previous
Return to What should we build next