x86 24 port switch that can run RouterOS

Help us decide what to build next.
joshaven

x86 24 port switch that can run RouterOS

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:40 pm

I love the combination of a Netonix and a CloudCore Router however it would be even cooler all in one box. 24v & 48v of course...

Please Please Please.

I might be willing to accept another operating system because I am most interested in the layer 3 feature set.
Sincerely,
Joshaven Potter
http://joshaven.com

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: x86 24 port switch that can run RouterOS

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Just get a 24port netonix and grab an x86 box of your choice and run router-on-a-stick. A pair of copper SPF's will let you uplink to the switch with LACP...

I'd rather not see the engineering efforts go into supporting routeros. routeros is a moving target and 'tik absolutely doesn't care about breaking things with version increments.

dylan.chidgey

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:14 pm

I like where your headed Joshaven, however there are way better routing platforms available than RouterOS (and i have over 1000 MikroTiks operating on my network).

Personally i would love to be able to put VyOS, Cumulus or one of the other emerging software stacks on this hardware! That would allow me to use this great hardware with serious software.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:56 pm

dylan.chidgey wrote:I like where your headed Joshaven, however there are way better routing platforms available than RouterOS (and i have over 1000 MikroTiks operating on my network).

Personally i would love to be able to put VyOS, Cumulus or one of the other emerging software stacks on this hardware! That would allow me to use this great hardware with serious software.

VyOS is what we are working towards
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to What should we build next