48 port WS?

Help us decide what to build next.
nriedman

Re: 48 port WS?

Wed May 04, 2016 11:04 am

Agreed, I know several customers that I could switch to an "enterprise" netonix switch because I don't care for other similarly priced switches and most customers can't afford the 5k switches nor do they really need them. So yes, I would look for:
48G ports
4 sfp+
Vlans/QOS/LACP/Mirroring/watchdog
802.3af (at isn't required in many cases, but it could be an upgraded model to support the extra power)
Active and passive POE (48/24)

I personally don't care for static routes and ospf on a switch or a titled (layer 3) switch, I let the routers handle that.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: 48 port WS?

Wed May 04, 2016 11:28 am

nriedman wrote:Agreed, I know several customers that I could switch to an "enterprise" netonix switch because I don't care for other similarly priced switches and most customers can't afford the 5k switches nor do they really need them. So yes, I would look for:
48G ports
4 sfp+
Vlans/QOS/LACP/Mirroring/watchdog
802.3af (at isn't required in many cases, but it could be an upgraded model to support the extra power)
Active and passive POE (48/24)

I personally don't care for static routes and ospf on a switch or a titled (layer 3) switch, I let the routers handle that.

We are planning on building a WS-52-400-AC (or possibly larger power supply)
Layer 3 Switch core with 4096 Static Routes - It "may" also be limited Layer 4 with OSPF have not decided this yet
(48) 1G POE ports - (4) will offer 48VH capable
Either (24) or all (48) will be capable of 24V .75A passive
(48) Ports will be 802.3af/at
(4) SFP+ ports => This is so if you use it in your NOC you can plug your servers into it.

Estimated MSRP $999.95 but not sure yet.

This switch is a while into the future but Dave has started designing it months ago and Eric is exploring the Core in his spare time.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to What should we build next