Ping Watchdog POE On

Help us decide what to build next.
nasked

Ping Watchdog POE On

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi:

I'm using a netonix switch.... congratulations... swich works very nice...

I have a situation...

I have a tower with sun power system. This tower has two Ubiquiti PB M10 as backhaul... A PB M10 is working all time, but second PB is shutdown all time and only is no shutdown when first PB M10 fail.

Actually netonix is making a ping watchdog to AP station and ST station. If there are any problem, ping wathdog shutdown the ether where is connected the second PB (backup backhaul) Now my invention... between netonix and PB there are a relay... PB is powered with his POE (ubiquiti POE), when there are any problem with first backhaul, ping watchdog shutdown POE Netonix ether... then relay coil has not power... relay change state and power on Ubiquiti POE... then backup PB M10 is working... :lol:

My idea is: Ping watchdog configuration screen, create a field to select POE On or POE Off when ping watchdog acts.

Whit this sistem you can configure to power on a second backhaul if there are any problem with the first backhaul. If you have a tower with solar energy this sistem help you to save energy.

Another idea is port base. When backhaul is full sometime i must duplicate link to have more throghput. Then i must separate traffic between sectors and backhauls in the same tower. I can make a isolation with VLAN because i use the same VLAN. How can i sepparete the traffic? LAG is not possible (WDS :working: ), then to work with two links there are only a way, making a port isolation.

Best Regards..from Spain..

LRL
Experienced Member

Re: Ping Watchdog POE On

Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:36 am

I really like the idea of being able to power on like this for watchdog it could also come in handy in the power tab.

Voltage getting low, turn on AF5X or mimosa, wait xx time and turn af24 off.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to What should we build next