DC Power Plant

Help us decide what to build next.
keefe007
Experienced Member

DC Power Plant

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Can you build an all-in-one DC power plant that charges batteries, is monitorable, and has 24v and 48v outputs?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: DC Power Plant

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:09 pm

keefe007 wrote:Can you build an all-in-one DC power plant that charges batteries, is monitorable, and has 24v and 48v outputs?

Well we do have tower power on the road map.
We want to make one for DC sites that use wind and solar and on for AC towers.
Yes they will have an Ethernet port and a UI to monitor and configure stress tests.

AC sites would be similar to the TrippLite units I use now except for rack mount and intelligent Ethernet UI.

DC Sites we have to look into more.

This is all going to come down to resources.

Right now with the WISP Switch and indoor SOHO AP we are stretched pretty thin.

The one thing I can promise people is we WILL stay focused on the WISP industry only and not branch out into other industries. Being a WISP and building things for the WISP industry is my sole passion.

So lets all hope out WISP Switch is a BIG hit and we sell a lot of them so we have more resources to make more products for WISPs. Just to let you know we have already spent or committed to well over $1,500,000 just for the R&D and first 2 scheduled production runs of the WISP Switches. A lot of the parts are up to 26 weeks lead time so we had to order them in advance with deposits.

Currently we have $500,000.00 in reserve for any unforeseen events such as a missed mistake or even legal battles if need be, you never know. :|
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

keefe007
Experienced Member

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:37 pm

Sounds great.

On the AC side we use a lot of these: http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

If you made something similar or better we would definitely buy it from you.

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to try out one of the WISP switches and soon as they come in stock.

josh
Associate
Associate

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:21 pm

I sent a "massive-idea-email" to Chris as far as a full DC smart charger/inverter/ethernet control/etc setup awhile back, but the resources involved in making it happen would be substantial. Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing, but it would take a LOT of money and time on Chris's end to even get started.

Think of a baby between an Alpha FXM and a couple of digital loggers products in a pre-build enclosure using either your own switch choices and a modular poe passthrough (-48,48 1.5A, 48, 24 individual port-modules), or using a netonix wisp-switch.

Return to What should we build next