NSMx & NSLMx shield with a twist

Help us decide what to build next.
JustJoe
Experienced Member

NSMx & NSLMx shield with a twist

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:11 am

Aw dude, I see now why you weren't able to be too interactive on that "other" forum. :cry: It's still my opinion that RF Armor did 10x more for those radios than GPS ever did.

Now I saw that you kudo'ed my wall bracket mod for the NSMx & NSLMx shield kits. What does your engineer think? Can you post a pic if he makes real test sample? The one of the model I made is kinda crude. ;)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: NSMx & NSLMx shield with a twist

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:19 am

Yes, when we run the next batch of NanoStation kits we will do that for you.

Can you send me your best sample as an example for Merle to look at.

It might take awhile for the inventory to rotate out so when he make me an small engineering samples run I can set them aside for your use in the mean time.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Very cool! I'll send you the model shown in the pic if you promise not to laugh when you get it. ;)

A question to you and the growing number of other visitors.... Do a lot of you guys take advantage of mounting on ABS roof sewer vent pipes when convenient so as not to have to bother with penetrating roofing products?

In the US, those are normally schedule 40, nominal 1-1/2, O.D. 1.9" or 2", O.D. 2.4" .

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:28 pm

3 or 4 inch stack vent is common here.

http://www.ronard.com/ventmnt.html

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:54 pm

JustJoe wrote:Do a lot of you guys take advantage of mounting on ABS roof sewer vent pipes when convenient so as not to have to bother with penetrating roofing products?

In the US, those are normally schedule 40, nominal 1-1/2, O.D. 1.9" or 2", O.D. 2.4" .

Not often, maybe once or twice.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:15 pm

A bit off topic ... Chris, are PMs (private message) working within these forum tools? I tried sending you one but it seems to be stuck in my Outbox. If I send myself one, it instead appears in my Sent mail box and Inbox, which is what I would have expected. (I was just PMing to ask address where I should send my model, and explaining why that got side-tracked.)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 pm

JustJoe wrote:A bit off topic ... Chris, are PMs (private message) working within these forum tools? I tried sending you one but it seems to be stuck in my Outbox. If I send myself one, it instead appears in my Sent mail box and Inbox, which is what I would have expected. (I was just PMing to ask address where I should send my model, and explaining why that got side-tracked.)

Yes they work!

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:19 pm

http://radio-works.net/These work nicely

Chris, you could crank out something like this for us I'm sure ;)

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:48 pm

sirhc wrote:Yes, when we run the next batch of NanoStation kits we will do that for you.

Can you send me your best sample as an example for Merle to look at.

It might take awhile for the inventory to rotate out so when he make me an small engineering samples run I can set them aside for your use in the mean time.

Hi Chris,

Just wondering if this updated bracket ever started getting produced and included as the standard in the NSMx and NSLMx shield kits? We got a box of 4 NSLMx kits a month or two ago direct from RFArmor (much more reliable than going through a distributor) and it still had the old style bracket. :cry: The engineering samples you sent us worked perfectly, but alas we quickly used them up, so I had to go back to cutting my own slots on the old styles. :working: We will be ordering another box of four in the next couple of weeks, is there any way we can request the newer bracket?

We have used these now for NSLM5s and NSM5s that are located on the edges of sector AP coverage, and the twist-tilt allows improving the chain mismatch from 6-8dB down to the 0-3dB range, which then improves the airMax numbers.

I image people are using NanoBeamM5-15s instead of Locos, but I think that's a big mistake given the better noise floor with the Loco in RFArmor. Pirate4

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Yes that is the standard bracket now, as far as I know that has been shipping for awhile.

There may have been and may still be some of the older ones out there.

Next
Return to What should we build next