Mpci-e radio cards?

Help us decide what to build next.
Ant

Mpci-e radio cards?

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Outdoor cpe equipment that uses removable mpci-e v4.0 radios like back in the old days of UBNT but based on 802.11ac. I don't mind integrated radios, but the FCC certifications and regulations prevent customization now on integrated radios. By offering each piece separate, it would fall more inline with amateur radio operator equipment reducing the amount of certifications needed (I think). Remember the old pci UBNT XR-9 radio cards? Something like that but with the newer mpci-e interface and 802.11ac.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Mpci-e radio cards?

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:59 pm

This is a valid point.
We will definitely look into this as money and resources become available.
Yes Robert made his start with is cards, brilliant move, simple to produce, light FCC restrictions, cheap to design and build.
Funny thing is Robert wanted to keep building parts for MT until MT acted like a jerk to him and Robert became a competitor instead of making parts to enhance their gear.... :roll:
I seem to be in the same shoes that Robert was back at that time, I tried to point this out.
As I have always said I think Robert is very smart and I just do not understand this whole issue, I am so confused right now and being forced into a situation that I was totally unprepared for and not sure what to do next other then go on the defensive which I am ill equipped and totally out of my ballpark. I have not idea what I should do but keep pleading for this whole thing to end and all have a group hug.

I am perfectly happy making the stuff they are not and feeding off the scraps that fall from UBNT's table and just help the community and of course make a buck or 2 (million) LOL

Hey everyone has to eat right! ;)
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Ant

Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Think a kickstarter campaign might help raise the funds to get the resources?

Smart people do crazy things all the time. I've used UBNT since back in the radio card days. I have to admit, ever since the IPO things have changed. Instead of totally reinventing the wheel and giving it 100% like Robert seems too, the newer firmware and hardware guys now only give it 70-75% and only on the "new pet project". It's frustrating to me and I wonder all the time if the innovation is being pulled back by the financial advisers or the acquired engineers.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

What we are thinking is we will try and run this as far as we can with our limited resources.

My partners and I kicked in a total of $2,000,000.00 as seed money to start Netonix which sound like a lot but really it is not as many parts have lead times if up to 26 weeks so you have to order parts way out in advance on stuff you will not get for almost 6 months. Now since Netonix does not have roughly $250,000,000 in cash sitting in off shore account and tones of credit lines many of the vendors require a 30% deposit.

So anyway we will try and do it as long as we can on our own before seeking venture capital plus since it is not yet a proven product(s) with projected annual sales and growth projections venture capital people want a ridiculous percentage and we would lose control and those pesky bean counters would control the direction we move forward in.

One thought we have is what is called Angel Funding. Once we establish we have good products and a viable business model and loyal customers we want to try and give the people that distribute, sale, and use the products the opportunity to buy into Netonix sort of creating a large WISP co-op business model that way we as a WISP community can control what products are made and exactly what they are.

I want Netonix to stay focused on its customer base only (WISPS) and not get distracted by bean counters and investors only interested in raising the value of the stock and getting rich.

A true home grown community working together. Now I will be honest I also want to make money, just thought I would be honest and throw that out there! :lol:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Ant

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:40 pm

For when developement becomes possible.

http://www.doodlelabs.com/technologies/

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:22 pm

yeah, and call it prismair.... maxair.... wait....

Return to What should we build next