POE Injector

Help us decide what to build next.
RB_Oklahoma

POE Injector

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:14 am

Okay, looking at the market, DLI has come as close as anyone to what would work as the real deal all in one POE injector.

I would think it would have to be a 2 or 3U device to squeeze all of the stuff into, but I would like something that goes like this:
32 ports, setup like a DLI, split into two sets. Top being powered and bottom being unpowered. Have surge protection built into it as many ways as possible.
Have it to be tri-powered: 110, solar and wind. Basically integrate a Morningstar Tristar 45amp charge controller for batt charging, with some other 110 based charger like a little cheap meanwell for on grid charging applications.
Also, have selectable voltage out so that you could power everything from a AF24 to a passive +24v regular POE radio.
Have a processor that can drop power relays(like ham guys do) at the early warning signs of static discharge to create a spark gap, and have a watchgaurd to do the same if the radio is not responding to a ping.
Extended temp range ofcourse, but since its a 2 or 3U thing, don't use small high speed fans that are noisy, use nice big slow fans that will last a long time.

Lastly, don't make it a switch, let us use what we want to use for that. I prefer a rb2011, if there are more than 5 PTMP antennas, then I use 2 with a MM fiber jumper between them.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: POE Injector

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Well our switches will soon come in DC versions so that part is covered as you can also use it as a mid span if you want instead of a switch but not sire how many people would do that other then like in our sample deployment in the spec sheet PDF. And our switch does allow 24V/48V and 48VH for airFIBER radios.

We are working on a rack mount inverter charger with web monitoring and alerts.
We are considering a version that is instead of AC power is the charging controller for a wind and or solar site.

We also "might" buy and resell solar panels I would guess? Not sure?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to What should we build next