Quality.

billbuchan

Quality.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:14 pm

There was a discussion recently on 'price versus quality'. I was one of the ones saying 'The Price is okay, because the quality is fantastic. Don't change a thing.'

So today, myself and the Sorcerers Apprentice were up at our main transmission site, mounting a new remote 6-port mini to try and fight the nightmare cabling we've built up over the last two years.

He's screwing a new switch at the back of the IP56 plastic box, and it pops out and drops 8 feet onto concrete. Onto one of it's corners.

Well, it was a sad little thing. Port 1 and Port 2 were deformed at the front, and the plastic within port 2 had shattered.

'Oh well', I thought, time to get the spare out. I can't criticise - I've dropped enough kit over my lifetime.

But no. It survived. It works. It was the little switch that did.

Thank you very much for making these lovely wee devices out of good old fashioned metal. Thank you for thinking through the design. Thank you for keeping the quality as high as you have.

Thank you for making such an amazing product. Our business (and I'm sure a few others) now rely on your products to do their jobs day-in, day-out without fuss.

Be proud. A couple of hairy-arsed Scotsmen tried (accidentally!) to kill a wee 6-port switch today, and we failed.

Thank you.

---* Bill
http://www.Marykirk.com

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Quality.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Thanks Bill

You know, Scotland is on my bucket list!

I so want to get totally wasted (Family Guy Wasted) in a scottish pub! :cheers:

I figure I will hit up England, Scotland, and Ireland on a whirlwind trip one of these days!
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

billbuchan

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:28 am

I'm sure there are enough happy customers in any corner in the world to make sure you stay sufficiently drunk so you never remember a single moment of any trip.. ;)

But yeah - come to Scotland. See some hills. Eat impressive steak. Get rained on and make up for it by drinking whisky older than yourself...

---* Bill

Dave
Employee
Employee

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:34 am

count me in on that trip......... :cheers:

Return to General Discussion