Temp loss of mgmt

jtaylor901

Temp loss of mgmt

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:49 am

I have an issue where while i am logged in via web that i will get a banner that say i lost connection attempting to reconnect. This does this whether i am plugged directly into the switch or remotely. Any ideas? It doesn't seem to affect traffic since this switch is what is running my main back haul up link.

Thanks

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Temp loss of mgmt

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:31 am

There have now been 4 people including you to report this behavior.

It has to be something with your computer or software as it is a rare situation.

No losing access to the switch UI or Linux CPU has nothing to do with the Switch Core itself.

Think of it this way, the Switch Core is a STAND ALONE item but inside the switch is a small Linux Computer that runs for the sole purpose of configuring the core and running the UI and CLI interface. What is happening is for some reason your computer is unable to talk to the Linux computer in the switch.

What we need to fix this behavior or find out what causes it is for someone that can recreate this issue on demand to allow Eric access via Team Viewer or such to your computer so you can demonstrate it and he can debug it.

But the number of people having this issue is SMALL and we can not re-create it in house.

Have you tried another browser, and or computer?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jtaylor901

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:55 am

I have tried multiple browsers on the same computer.... i think i did try another computer and had the same result but i will try another computer just to make sure..... I did discover today though that my router does not support pause frames. I was having the pause frame issues when i upgraded to your switch and started using power beams for my main link. Which gave me gigabit lan ports with the addition of your switch and the power beams. I was having the speed issues like others had talked about with the pause frame issue, so i thought the mgmt loss was due to that maybe. I use AZOTEL for my bandwidth and subscriber management and their router does not support pause frames (figures).... since it does not, i hard coded the interfaces to 100 Full instead of auto negotiate to 1000 full ..... not sure if that will help with the lose of MGMT to the gui or not so i'll see what happens.

jtaylor901

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:10 am

After doing some more tests it seams that i only have the issue when i am using the vpn to access my network.... i did the local test while i was doing RDP session to my computer there locally on the same network and i didn't have that issue. I have not been able to go straight to the device with my laptop again yet to see if my laptop has the same result locally at the device again.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:33 am

Let us know what you find.

So this is another clue to this issue, maybe VPNs play a role here?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion