Netonix + IgniteNet

cdewey

Re: Netonix + IgniteNet

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:44 pm

sirhc wrote:I think it is 802.11AC similar to Rocket AC links

Correct its a standard AC protocol for now on the 5 GHz link itself, the failover is our internal controller and protocol. Also we are working on the DFS band cert for 5ghz. We see 5ghz DFS bands as ideal for short range backup links

cdewey

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:47 pm

JustJoe wrote:Metrolinq is interesting, especially for the price. However, in clear air the distance limit is about 1 mile.

I was wondering, isn't the problem with rain-fade even worse at 60GHz than at 24GHz ?

Yes the rain fade is worse however its over a shorter distance so its not the biggest issue faced. Oxygen loss is our biggest limiting factor and what makes the product great for high density short runs.

cdewey

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:53 pm

ste wrote:
cdewey wrote:
turtles2 wrote:When can we expect 60 GHZ to ship?

We are flushing out a few last minute software issues at the moment. We are hopeful the first units will ship within July.

Great news!

Haha, a few grew into a bunch ;-)

jellydigital

Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello,

I have a Metrolinq MetroLinq PTP60-35. Im trying to deploy the link but having some issues.
Who can I talk to for help on this matter? I think its entirely software related and I may need
your most recent bug fixes. Where can I get them? Feel free to contact me on skype if you can: jellydigital

Thanks!

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:05 pm

I want a MetroLinq 60 GHz. I have already reserved my set, but never heard anything....

cdewey

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:36 pm

jellydigital wrote:Hello,

I have a Metrolinq MetroLinq PTP60-35. Im trying to deploy the link but having some issues.
Who can I talk to for help on this matter? I think its entirely software related and I may need
your most recent bug fixes. Where can I get them? Feel free to contact me on skype if you can: jellydigital

Thanks!

Hey JellyDigital,

Can you email me directly for help? cdewey@ignitenet.com Sorry I missed this message!

ste

Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Anyone tested it? I tried to order a link from an Authorized Partner in my country and got the answer they dont sell them cause they break regulations.

wlst

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:28 pm

ste wrote:Anyone tested it? I tried to order a link from an Authorized Partner in my country and got the answer they dont sell them cause they break regulations.

Nur Kanal 2 möglich.

Befristung bis ende 2018.

Mitteilung 217 /2008
Allgemeinzuteilung für Punkt-zu-Punkt Richtfunk im Frequenzbereich 59 GHz – 63 GHz
Auf Grund des § 55 des Telekommunikationsgesetzes (TKG) werden hiermit die Frequenzen im
Frequenzbereich 59 GHz – 63 GHz zur Nutzung für Punkt-zu-Punkt Richtfunk durch die Allgemeinheit
zugeteilt.
Frequenznutzungsparameter:
Parameter
Wert
max. zulässige äquivalente isotrope 40 dBm Strahlungsleistung (EIRP)
Minimaler Gewinn der Antenne 35 dBi
Kanalbandbreiten
150 MHz – 2,0 GHz
2. Bestimmungen zur Vermeidung von Störungen bei Funkanwendungen, die
innerhalb des Frequenzbereiches 59 GHz – 63 GHz betrieben werden:
Innerhalb des Frequenzbereichs 59 GHz – 63 GHz werden u. a. Anwendungen des Festen
Funkdienstes, des Erderkundungsfunkdienstes, des Intersatellitenfunkdienstes, des
nichtnavigatorischen Ortungsfunkdienstes, des Weltraumforschungsfunkdienstes und des
Mobilfunkdienstes jeweils auf primärer Basis zur zivilen/militärischen Nutzung betrieben.

Only channel 2 is possible.
Expiration by the end of 2018.
Communication 217/2008 general allocation for point-to-point microwave radio frequency range 59 GHz - 63 GHz on the basis of § 55 of the Telecommunications Act (TKG) are hereby the frequencies in the frequency range 59 GHz - 63 GHz the use of point-to-point radio by the public allocated.

1. frequency usage parameters:
parameter value max.
permissible equivalent isotropic radiated power 40 dBm (EIRP)
Minimum antenna gain 35 dBi channel bandwidths 150 MHz - 2.0 GHz .

2 Provisions to avoid harmful interference to radio applications within the frequency range 59 GHz - operate 63 GHz:
Within the frequency range 59 GHz - 63 GHz will include applications of festivals radio service, the Erderkundungsfunkdienstes, the inter-satellite radio service, the nichtnavigatorischen radiolocation service, the space research service and the mobile service each operated on a primary basis for civil / military use.

sporkman

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 am

Sorry to resurrect this, but does IgniteNet have an official word on whether 24V is officially supported on the current 2.5 radios or not? I have a location where I can avoid lots of rejiggering if I can feed the Metrolinq 24V instead of 24VH...

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 am

sporkman wrote:Sorry to resurrect this, but does IgniteNet have an official word on whether 24V is officially supported on the current 2.5 radios or not? I have a location where I can avoid lots of rejiggering if I can feed the Metrolinq 24V instead of 24VH...

I will let Ignite answer but since our switches provide you watts being drawn simply make sure that you do not exceed the following watts also keep in mind what we call 48V is really 50V.

24V - constant draw 18 watts with spikes not to exceed 24 watts
48V - constant draw 38 watts with spikes not to exceed 50 watts

DO NOT USE VH OPTION UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THE DEVICE WILL USE ALL 8 PINS FOR POE
VH is 802.3af/at MODE A and MODE B PIN OUT AT SAME TIME - ALL 4 PAIR / 8 PINS
USING VH ON ANY airMAX DEVICE WILL END BADLY

24VH - constant draw 36 watts with spikes not to exceed 48 watts
48VH - constant draw 75 watts with spikes not to exceed 100 watts
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to General Discussion