Radio Links Up But Won't Ping

keefe007
Experienced Member

Radio Links Up But Won't Ping

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm having a strange issue with a new Netonix switch. I swapped out a Toughswitch 8 with a Netonix 24 and everything works except one radio. The one radio (Rocket M5 AC) links up at a gig but I can't ping it or pass traffic. If i put it back into the toughswitch it works fine. I tried back and forth several times with the same results. I even tried different ports on the Netonix. What I ended up doing was daisy-chaining the Toughswitch to the Netonix just to power this one radio. Any ideas?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Radio Links Up But Won't Ping

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:23 am

Maybe tell us the config of both switches?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

keefe007
Experienced Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 am

what do you want to know? The setup is very basic.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:48 am

If there is nothing in the configs of the switches and you tried the radio in several ports of our switch so it is not a bad port then you must have a "single" "weird" radio that will not connect to our switches because I know our switches work with every type of UBNT gear made.

You say the radios links up on the physical layer but does not pass traffic.

This is a Layer 2 device so there has to be something in the config that is causing this.

The only thing I can think of is there is a VLAN or MTU config on the radio in question?

I am not sure what else to say here, there has to be something dimple you are missing as there is simply not a hardware incompatibility here?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion