Stock - when will they be back

wisp-wand

Stock - when will they be back

Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:27 am

Just wondering if we are allowed to ask when stock will start moving again. We are in the UK and use Linitx and MS-Dist. Neither have stocks of 12 port or 8 port DC units, and no Mini's.
This has been the case for some time. We have resorted to buy second hand units off of ebay and swapping our service spares with them, releasing those units to the field.

I guess we need to look around, I have one site where I have had to deploy my old solution of a battery bank, external DC-DC converter and then passive POE switch.

Not giving the Netonix guys any flack just wondering genuinely what the position and plans are. I see Cambium came out with something that looks very similar but when you dig in the 24v output is only on 4 ports and very low power. Most of our radios are 24v so it's not great.

Interested in any comments.

Thanks

Wayne

Dave
Employee
Employee

Re: Stock - when will they be back

Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 am

parts are finally arriving. Never when they are promised of course...we are building 12's now, followed by other models..expect stock for all models nov/dec

jpaine619

Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:21 am

Dave wrote:parts are finally arriving. Never when they are promised of course...we are building 12's now, followed by other models..expect stock for all models nov/dec

Just out of curiosity, how many switches are y'all capable of producing per month?

I have been trying to buy new switches for YEARS. Every time someone gets some in stock they sell out in hours.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:19 am

We are only able to produce around 1 thousand units, sometime less, per month. There were also months sin early 2021 we were unable to produce a few hundred or less per month.

Weird, can't figure out why the supply chain got all messed up in early 2021, or why logistics and prices for components also started rapidly increasing again in early 2021. Just weird, would be awesome if we could figure out why energy and fuel prices are fluctuating so much and remain so much higher. This instability and fluctuations cause prices to rise and the uncertainty if they will stay lower when they come down that make people skittish to lower prices as they don't know if they will jump right back up in a month.

So many things are effected by high energy and fuel prices as everything takes energy to make or fuel to move components around.

Also why its so hard to get people to work or if you can get them to work they want so much more money. Jobs (basic labor) we used to pay a DECENT wage for now costs twice as much. Again weird right. If we could only nail down who is responsible.

I try my best to spread them out and randomly put some (small amount) up on site each day.

Some models we are out totally for another week or so such as WS-8-150-DC and WS-6. We have not had them available for several months, missing parts.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

wisp-wand

Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:02 am

Will you being pushing units into distribution, or just focussing on website sales? We are in the UK it's far easier for us to buy lots of 1 and 2's from UK distributor on a regular basis, if I buy from the website I have forex, import duties and the vagaries of international post to deal with (especially DHL)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:20 pm

wisp-wand wrote:Will you being pushing units into distribution, or just focussing on website sales? We are in the UK it's far easier for us to buy lots of 1 and 2's from UK distributor on a regular basis, if I buy from the website I have forex, import duties and the vagaries of international post to deal with (especially DHL)

We have been pushing as many units we can or that Distributors order. The duties are collected on units sold to Distributors as well so I assume they pass them on?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

wisp-wand

Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:32 am

yes correct, we have 1 blended price from them. The distributors are setup correctly for import. As we don't import often, we typically get charged by DHL plus a handling fee, then they try and collect it again 6 months later. Very messy.

I will try and encourage the UK dist that have said they are still going to be stocking Netonix to place an order.

Regards

W

wisp-wand

Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:51 am

Further the UK distributor says "We are placing orders – when we see availability – in fact we get notified" so this could be chicken and egg, you are not supplying them because they don't place orders, they don't place orders as they don't see availability....

wisp-wand

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:07 am

further:-
Well, we tried, message from our purchasing team:-

It states in stock, add ONE to the basket and pops up the requested qty is not available.

This is
WS-12-250-DC

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:41 pm

wisp-wand wrote:further:-
Well, we tried, message from our purchasing team:-

It states in stock, add ONE to the basket and pops up the requested qty is not available.

This is
WS-12-250-DC

Correct we are out of that model, due back in in about 2-3 weeks.

I have a "few" and I pop up a couple here and there randomly, only fare way to give everyone a fair chance.

Return to General Discussion