Safe Mode

adairw
Associate
Associate

Safe Mode

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Has there been any thought or talk about a safe mode like option similar to what mikrotik has?

I love the "test" button on Ubiquiti and Safe Mode on Mikrotik has saved me more than once. :)

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=50735

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Safe Mode

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Yes Eric (The coder) suggested this last year we just have not implemented it at this time. I will say something to Eric.

The idea is you hit save/apply and the UI will will ask when it comes back to hit OK, if you do not it reverts.

Is this what you want?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

adairw
Associate
Associate

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It just need to have a time out value also.
So if you don't get back in and hit OK within a few minutes it reverts back to the previous settings

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:35 pm

I will see if Eric wants to put that in v1.3.0

v1.3.0 will have to be finalized in the next couple weeks for the DC switches.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

TheHox
Experienced Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:19 pm

I 2nd this as well. Test is always nice when you are not sirhc and know what you are doing.

Also, what about a "discard" changes option? Sometimes I have made many changes, and going back and forth to other screens for reference, I forget what I have changed, or I think I may have made a mistake and want to discard changes and start over to be sure. I just end up logging out then logging back in again., bit discard would be nice.

Test - Save/Apply - Discard

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:18 am

TheHox wrote:I 2nd this as well. Test is always nice when you are not sirhc and know what you are doing.

Also, what about a "discard" changes option? Sometimes I have made many changes, and going back and forth to other screens for reference, I forget what I have changed, or I think I may have made a mistake and want to discard changes and start over to be sure. I just end up logging out then logging back in again., bit discard would be nice.

Test - Save/Apply - Discard

You can already Discard all changes, make all the changes you want then as long as you did not hit Save/Apply all you have to do it click the refresh button on your browser and it will reload the running config from the switch and discard your changes.

TheHox
Experienced Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Yes I know I can discard, I said that above. I was recommending a discard button.

Just my recommendation that is all.

ircactus

Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:35 pm

I'd like to see a test option implemented as well. Some of these sites are quite a haul and getting further by the week. With that said, Doing it similar to UBNT / Tik / and or commit-confirm / reload in x.

I would much rather see a quick reboot / reset to previous config than to have to drive and fix.
Thanks.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Eric had originally suggested putting that feature in way back last year. I think I axed temporarily and never requested he put it in.

I just sent him a skype with this thread suggesting it be put back on the firmware road map.

bmv

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 pm

We've recently had a case where we got locked out because of a config mistake. Needed someone on-site to reset the switch in the end.

+1 for a commit confirm/ Test/ Safe mode capability.

Although you can be 300% sure your config is good after checking 1,2,3,4 times, everyone makes mistakes!

Next
Return to General Discussion