How to change a switch's model (WS-12-250-AC to DC)

sirbryan

How to change a switch's model (WS-12-250-AC to DC)

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:24 pm

I bought a pair of WS-12-250-AC's and a WS-12-250-DC a couple months ago and they've been on the shelf since then, waiting to be needed.

I finally pulled an AC and a DC model down to deploy. The DC one was to replace a production WS-12-250 (no DC-DC converter) that had a failing fan, and the AC one for a site upgrade.

It was then that I realized that I had bought AC plug models (I usually deploy these on the roof or tower, not indoors). As I pondered my options, I realized my AC models had current sensors, while the DC models did not (NCS). I opened them and found them to be identical boards (sweet!), so I swapped boards and MAC stickers. (I don't care that the AC model knows how much current each radio is pulling, but at DC sites that is critical.)

After the transplant, I booted them up and.. yeah, they still think they're the original AC or DC configuration. I had hoped by connecting the I2C connection that the AC model would now see the DC-DC converter, and that the DC model would no longer see the DC-DC converter.

Is there a flash setting or something I can do to tell these boards their new place in the world?

thomas

Re: How to change a switch's model (WS-12-250-AC to DC)

Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:43 am

if you have a hot air rework station, you can swap U92 and that will most likely do the trick. if you don't, you can likely convince a local person to do it for the price of a coffee, or mail them in and have someone like me do it for you. not sure if netonix themselves will help you with that, they told me they wouldn't when I asked.

drop me a line at repairs@isptechnology.ca

Return to General Discussion