6-Mini Applications

iggy05

6-Mini Applications

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:57 pm

So I saw the use of the mini for a house in one of the other threads and that got me thinking now for a number of applications to use this at. Is there any reason there would be an issue with it being in the box and be exposed to the sun all day? We have a couple of our silo locations that we are going to be splitting out out an omni to sectors and it would be nice to not dealing with the extra run of cables. I am only thinking silo or short towers as we don't have a dedicated tower climber. I climb silos but I don't do towers. I grew up on a farm so it was part of my life for me. If we go this route, and I think we will, I will get a story on it for you guys.

The other thought I am having as more to just share is I could possibly see using them for splitting factory areas or floors for POE cams or wireless access points. In some of these areas getting more then one wire to some of the locations is a PITA as it is. Plus adding on would be much simpler. I have one businesses that tend to add on a device every other month and I have to go through the pain of running a whole new wire all the way from there closet and through whatever hell I have to go through to get there.

The possibilities are endless...

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: 6-Mini Applications

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Yep those are all good applications.

And no it is fine outside in the little box.

I would try and mount it where it is in the shade but it will be fine in direct sunlight.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Still the same 55ºC rated components Chris?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:54 am

WisTech wrote:Still the same 55ºC rated components Chris?

YES SIR
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

billbuchan

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Those are exactly the applications I'm using them for. I use IP55 plastic boxes - Scotland has a bigger rain issue than heat ;) - and I'm using them to daisy chain long cable runs.

One remote switch we have has one 48v mimosa and three assorted nanostations hanging off it.

Currently re-using the mimosa 48-52v PoE blocks quite happily, and have just got 6 Ubiquiti 48v 75w PoE blocks - they seem fine on those too. (I also have some old Cisco 48v power adaptors- the barrel connectors fit - but as they're only 30-40 watts, will only be using them on very small sites.

I'm currently swapping out a fleet of toughswitches for these devices.

---* Bill

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:25 pm

WisTech wrote:Still the same 55ºC rated components Chris?

Yea lets not confuse 55C as the board or component temp limit but rather "ambient" air temperature.

If those switches are in a 55C environment transferring 100+ Watts the board temp will exceed 85C around the SOC but that is OK.

Now even though we built this bad little boy to operate in warm/hot environments we always recommend you "try" to make it as comfortable as you can, if it there is a place to mount it out of direct sunlight it is always suggested.

Return to General Discussion