Power requirements of WS-6-MINI

apadmin

Power requirements of WS-6-MINI

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:10 am

Hello,

What would be the power requirements of the WS-6-MINI itself? I have 3 APs with 23 watts max and another device that requires about 7 watts max. The power adapter NPOE-54V-80W gives about 80W. Will there be enough power to supply all devices their needed wattage including the switch itself? The APs would probably be on average much lower than the 23 watts.

Thanks,

Dan

KBrownConsulting

Re: Power requirements of WS-6-MINI

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:36 am

I have a WS-6-MINI being powered by a WS-24-400A using a 10ft cable and over the last hour, the port supplying power to the WS-6-MINI has not drawn more than 3.5 watts. I don't have anything else plugged into the WS-6-MINI so that suggests to me the WS-6-MINI draws about 3.5W

That means technically you'd be under the 80W capacity of the power supply. But that's awful close to 100% load. You'll have to make the decision for yourself but you'd probably get away with it since as you mentioned, the APs will probably operate well below their 23 watt max most of the time. I might configure the boot start delay for each PoE device though so they don't all fire up at the exact same moment when you power the switch on.

apadmin

Re: Power requirements of WS-6-MINI

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:55 pm

Appreciate the information. This helps.

Dan

Return to General Discussion