Employee

Parts shortages = no products to sell

Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:10 pm

Here is the latest update on the bullshit current sensor part schedule:
6K - May 8, 22
6K – Oct 1, 22
3K – Oct 21, 22
168K – Nov 3, 22
And this is only 183K units, not near what we ordered.

Amount of sensors needed per model:
WS-6 needs 6 sensors
WS-8-150-AC needs 1 sensor
WS-8-150-DC needs 7 sensors
WS-12-250-AC/DC needs 16 sensors
WS-12-400-AC needs 18 sensors
WS-26 needs 30 sensors

Keep in mind a lot of the POs we have in for parts are over a year old all are at least 6 months old.

Then there are other many shortages and long lead times as well (a lot) but the current sensors are why we had to build NCS models without current sensors.

Flash chips are also non existent thank god we had 11,000 unit sitting in the warehouse for the WS3 line which is obviously is behind schedule so we adapted and started using those flash chips on the WS line which are twice as big, faster, and more expensive. But to use those flash chips required a lot of firmware changes which are in the v1.5.12 being released today or tomorrow which various NCS models should appear on the site this week. Not a ton mind you but at least we have something to sell. Production as been almost completely stopped since October.

Due to semiconductor shortages we can barely get parts to build anything. Since October we have only been able to build about 4,200 units which we used to build 4,000 to 6,000 units per month before the shortages.

This semiconductor shortage is killing manufacturers and I think it will get much worse before it gets better and if China goes into Taiwan all bets are off as they produce 60% of all semiconductors.

We are trying and to go into all the worked that has been done trying to find substitute parts, begging, and software changes would take a post as long as a novel to explain.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

maglito

Re: Parts shortages = no products to sell

Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:58 pm

The WS3 DC line showed in stock on the webstore but fails when you try to add to cart. Will there be a NCS version of this too or are there still some more units somewhere to purchace?

Edit: it looks like the DC version of the WS3 is taken down from the webstore now -- did we just miss the last ones?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:57 pm

maglito wrote:The WS3 DC line showed in stock on the webstore but fails when you try to add to cart. Will there be a NCS version of this too or are there still some more units somewhere to purchase?

Edit: it looks like the DC version of the WS3 is taken down from the webstore now -- did we just miss the last ones?

Actually the WS3 uses different current sensors and we have units in stock and the parts to build more but are waiting on new firmware.

Every now and then I had sold a couple to get more feedback.

Known issues with firmware:
- Reboots on occasion, sometimes it stays up for almost a month then reboots
This is the biggest issue obviously as it would reboot your tower

- Receives (2) DHCP addresses even when set to static if it sees a DHCP server
Most people do not use DHCP for their infrastructure and all my towers are routed and my equipment is at static addresses and there is no DHCP server for my switches to see but some people due and this is an issue for them.

- There was a reported issue with the SFP+ speed selection but we think this was from a corrupted config file and they were not using latest version as we had removed AUTO from the latest version. That user reported he got around that by changing speed saving and then changing back and saving. But that user also reported there being an AUTO selection which was removed from latest version.

We hope to have new firmware soon for the WS3 line

Also the WS line is at v1.5.12 and there are 2 issues to fix in that
- we broke VLAN UI config in v1.5.12 by accident and does not allow Double Tag and QinQ on E,T,U.
It works in v1.5.11 but v1.5.11 does not work for WS-8-150-DC

- SSH Radius does not work
I assume this got broken when we updated TLS for newer browser support as it uses the same SSL module.

We hope to have a new firmware soon for the WS line
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mcnnetops

Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:23 pm

So, Any updates?
I still cannot order any Netonix Switches that I want from distributors in North America -

I really do "not" want "NCS version [No Current Sensors] " -

But I am even having a hard time finding those!

:P

Hope production can happen soon - if anyone wants to sell any and has some WS-12-250-DC's - let me know!

;)

POEswitchGUY

Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:05 pm

>So, Any updates?
>I still cannot order any Netonix Switches that I want from distributors in North America -

I too would like to see an update from Netonix on supply (or prediction on re-supply). As it does seem impossible to get any of the switches at this time (in USA).

(fwiw- no surprise , but ive had a few ubiquiti 8-150w edgeswitches on backorder for over 15 months, with no ETA- I would ofcouse rather use Netonix (everywhere) vs edgeswitches, but i still wanted to have something on hand (ideally).

thanks
See my post with the Netonix "Cable Diagnostic" output of various (good and failed) POE devices :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7449

mcnnetops

Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:16 pm

For me I really need to know if it is worth one of these (the NCS) for us, do they still provide this info?

Power
Board 48V
60V48.3 30V
Board 24V
27V23.7 20V
Board 3V
4V3.3 3V
Power Supply Input Voltage
72V27.4 9V
Power Supply Input Current
6A2.69 0A
Power Supply Output Voltage
60V49.7 30V
Power Supply Efficiency

(Formatting all screwy?)

So, not a "per port" reporting of power usage - but does the NCS version lack an over all reporting of power?

I am guessing no - that it does report over all power - but would like to know for sure.

Thanks if you have the answer.

KBrownConsulting

Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:22 am

That is correct, the NCS versions DO report overall power stats for the whole switch, they just lack the per port power reporting.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:14 pm

Actually it depends on the model what we do report with NCS models.

Read the model product descriptions.

But all NCS models do not report individual port watts.

I think the WS-12-250-DC - NCS and WS-26-500-DC - NCS reports total watts used as ut us able to get that info from the DC power supply. I am not sure the WS-8-150-DC.

Remember we only made ONE run of NCS as we could not get current sensors.

However all NCS models report voltages on the Device Status Tab and report input voltages on smart DC models.

sakita
Experienced Member

Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:57 pm

Has the current sensor (and parts in general) situation improved at all? Will production be better soon?

Both WS-8-150-DC switches (that I need on my projects) and WS-12-250-AC switches (another part of our organization uses in quantity) have been difficult to acquire.

You mentioned only having made one run of NCS so I'm hoping that indicated a past tense that means regular product will be coming more available soonish?

Maybe I am just hopelessly hopeful (but maybe I am also willing to read something from between the lines that isn't there). :lol: Or maybe I just want to know what the status is regardless. :Cry2:
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:51 pm

ya, parts situation is getting better..we should be able to start building more switches early in Feb, and the next 12 months long lead parts are all expected to be in house before the start of the summer....so in theory we should have a lot of all models being available this spring and summer

Next
Return to General Discussion