Netonix stock, anywhere???

wispwest

Netonix stock, anywhere???

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:20 pm

What's going on with netonix and no stock anywhere for such a long time!?! Going out if business I hope not!?

Dave
Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix stock, anywhere???

Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:34 pm

we are waiting for parts to show up so we can build units....the semiconductor industry is brutal right now...we have stuff on order from last February we are still waiting for....

signa

Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Anything arrived yet? When are the distributors likely to see stock?

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:11 am

All of us are experiencing stock shortages.... but to stay in business you have to stock ahead of what you need. JIT doesn't work any more. We are stocking parts that we will need six months from now (radios, routers, switches, etc).

What is the realistic timeframe to having switches in stock?

At this point it really does look like a going out of business sale when absolutely nothing is in stock.

signa

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:15 am

We've used our 6 month stock :(

Be good to hear some stock is due soon...or not.

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:18 am

Yeah... I have 1 spare left. We are going to have to change vendors if this isn't resolved in like a week.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:00 pm

Matt

Have your even heard of the pandemic parts shortage issues??? Did you even read my comment...we did not do JIT orders for parts....we ordered parts almost a friging year ago & are still waiting for parts deliveries (which use to be only 6-8 weeks)...no one can give reliable delivery schedules for parts anymore...outside of Netonix I am a partner in a good size contract manufacturer that does close to $100M of yearly sales, and lots of our customers are in the same boat, being totally screwed by semiconductor shortages...do you think we enjoy paying for staff to sit and wait for parts to be delivered...we are putting up with a lot of industry bullshit, being made to pay 20-30% parts premiums even without delivery dates, eating overhead bullshit...but we are in it for the long run....

Dave

sakita
Experienced Member

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:09 pm

Back in October I saw a few units on one of the distributor sites. By the time I ordered they were gone and I ended up first in line for the backorder which came before Christmas. I stalked one of the other sites hitting refresh every day hoping to score a few more... but, I think I was off work one day and the next day it said new deliveries are expected in May :cry:

Yeah, these supply chain issues are trickling down to everything and everyone everywhere... and the clowns running the circus aren't doing anything that could be considered remotely helpful :pissed:

I'm feeling bad for Netonix and other hard-working companies that are now stuck with no product to sell. Furthermore it is taking extra energy on your part to try to come up with creative ways to keep some supply flowing - which distracts from moving the ball forward on other development efforts :willy:

How goes the effort to make a version without current sensors?
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:34 pm

we have versions of non-current sensors also waiting for some parts...we also want to release other new cool models, but are just getting screwed non-stop trying to get parts....can you imagine, we put orders in almost a year ago, and then parts vendors come back demanding 20% premium, telling us if we don't pay up front, they will give parts to someone else, but after we pay blackmail price, they still won't even give delivery dates.....

I know it sounds like I am being a big crying baby...but it is so frustrating....i scream at people trying to buy our parts, I even tell them just write a "^&)*(&*)" blank check, and it doesn't help...

Just imagine, Ford and GMC as examples, can't get their multi billion dollar order for parts filled, so when Netonix orders several million dollars of parts, we basically have no leverage at all & just have to sigh & suck it up and wait for this shit to end....

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:25 pm

I understand all that, Dave, and I've heard that from other vendors.

The difference is I'm able to get stock from other vendors within a month or two. I haven't been able to get Netonix switches for ages.

It would be one thing if I could put in an order and know I'll have it in 60 days.

At this point I can buy a Cambium switch with much better circuit protection on the ethernet ports and have it here in about 30 days. Or I can buy a Netonix switch.... maybe... at some point, and continue to have all of the issues we've had since early on - fan failures, port failures, blown ports, switches that just blow caps and shut down.

These issues have been spoken about for years in the forums. I hope that, at a very least, this time "off" is being taken to redesign some of these issues out of the units.

Next
Return to General Discussion