WS-8-150-DC wont pass traffic from SolarPoint

JBIT

WS-8-150-DC wont pass traffic from SolarPoint

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:35 pm

I am replacing an older DC powered industrial switch with the Netonix WS-8-150-DC and having some issues. My configuration before introducing the netonix was as follows:

24V Battery hooked up to a Ubiquiti SolarPoint
SolarPoint port 1 was connected to a nanobeam AC giving it 24V POE that was picking up internet from a Ubiquiti Lite AP AC and the rest of the network
SolarPoint Port 3 was connected (no POE enabled) to a generic DC powered POE Switch (The switch was powered by the 24V output of the Solarpoint)
The POE Switch had 3 48V POE cameras on it

This has been working great, but we wanted to use the Netonix switch instead because it supported 24V POE for the nanobeam upload, SFP for fiber extensions and Gigabit ports and the Solarpoint is only 100Mbps ports. It is also nice to schedule or give priority to individual cameras on the netonix.

So I removed the old switch and put in the netonix and instead of plugging in the nanobeam to the solarpoint, I plugged it into the netonix instead. The nanobeam fired right up and connected just fine and I could reach it form my Lite AP AC side of the network so I knew the link was active. I can also get to the netonix switch ok. I cannot get to the Solarpoint however or the one camera I plugged in. If I ping from a PC that is on the Lite AP AC side of the network, I can ping the nanobeam and the netonix switch but not the Solarpoint or camera.

The Netonix switch picks up the Solarpoint in discovery with the right IP and can even ping the solarpoint from tools option on the netonix switch. I can also ping the camera's ip from tools on the netonix switch. Neither the camera or solarpoint is accessible though from the other side of the nanobeam though.

I took out the cable that was connecting the solarpoint to the netonix and plugged in my notebook. If I was connected to the solarpoint, I could bring it up. Then if I plugged into the same port on the NEtonix, I could bring up the netonix, But when I plug them in together I get nothing. It is a remote site and I ran out of time for the day, but I was going to go back and plug in my notebook to the netonix when the netonix and solarpoitn were connected and see if I could ping either device.

I was hoping someone could tell me something to try remotely though since I can connect to the netonix and its an hour drive. Any reason why it would block traffic outbound? Do i need to specify a route or something?

JBIT

Re: WS-8-150-DC wont pass traffic from SolarPoint

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:54 pm

So, I saw another port on not passing traffic with firmware 1.5.5 which is what I had. I loaded 1.5.6 and everything started working for 30 seconds or so. Before I could log into the solarpoint (I got the login page), it stopped passing traffic. Now I cant even get to the nanobeam. Its possible that the solarpoint had a scheduled shutdown of the DC power for the switch right around that time, but to my notes it was not supposed to shut down for another 30 minutes or so.

Here's hoping that tomorrow morning when it is set to turn on the switch that everything comes back.

JBIT

Re: WS-8-150-DC wont pass traffic from SolarPoint

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 am

It seems the issue is back. I went to check on everything this morning and the nanobeam attached to the switch is alive and I can log into it from the radio transmitting to it, but I cant access the netonix switch that is powering the nanobeam. It worked for a couple days and now its not passing traffic again.

Since I am not onsite and its over an hour away is there anyway to remotely reset the switch and is there a robust resolution for this? I tried to putty into the switch and that didn't help either. It will not even respond to a ping.

Return to General Discussion