WS-12-250-AC fault reset

jg0007

WS-12-250-AC fault reset

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:25 pm

WS-12-250-AC fault

Hello the WS-12-250-AC is presented the following fault with the change of Inverter the complete swhict is being restarted, other equipment connected to the same energy of the inverter are still on without problems.

I have changed the WS-12-250-AC for another backup unit and it has the same problem

This is happening after the airfiber 5U is feeding, it will be that the power supply of that equipment does not give the 250W that it says because the truth is I do not see the high power consumption to pass the same problem with the two equipment
Attachments
Netonix Luz.jpg

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Re: WS-12-250-AC fault reset

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:39 pm

I assume by "change of Inverter" you mean a standby UPS is switching over. Two possible solutions would be 1) use an online UPS or 2) change over to a DC system of switches, batteries, and charge controller.

jg0007

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:46 pm

I mean that when the power goes out, only the Netonix restarts, all the other Routers connected to the power system of the same inverter continue without restarting, I suspect that the Netonix Power source is not enough. a while ago i remember crish commented on some source that had manufacturer deficiencies

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:03 pm

So, you're pinning your hopes on it being a faulty switch rather than a faulty design? I would never design a critical system around a standby UPS.

jg0007

Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:24 pm

I have already changed two switches this is happening when I add more power consumption to the netonix (40W) more than the backup equipment airfiber 5U. this system design you have years working fine that way until we add more power consumption to the switch

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:51 pm

"connected to the power system of the same inverter"

Let's see, you added more POE devices to the WS and now you're having problems you never had before ...

Don't you understand that your POE device additions are also adding a new stress back through to the common inverter?

A switch or router is not a UPS. It has capacitors (not batteries) that take it through normal AC power fluctuations, but being able to do that for just fractions of a second is fine.

My two cents, but I am much more suggesting that your inverter is not capable of smoothly sensing and transitioning during the main AC power outage. If everything works fine the rest of the time and only fails during an outage power transfer, it is the choice of inverter that is to blame.

Why are other devices on the inverter not affected? Because they are probably not passing through as much POE power so their power supply capacitors are lucky enough to hold longer. But that is not the devices job, it's the job of the UPS.

At some point of adding loads and cycling AC power, one device will POR first. In AC power distribution, that could even be influenced by which order devices are plugged into the AC power strip.

Large uninterruptible power systems, like you might find in a hospital, have staffs of design engineers and a great deal of heavy duty monitoring equipment to be able to plan for outages and transients on AC power transfer. That's because as loads increase, impedance at different points on the lines will change, and AC current/voltage/power transients can start having some very non-intuitive behaviors.

If we don't want to pay for that staff, we either buy a bigger UPS/inverter, or a second one to divide up the load. :wink:

(Be happy you don't still have to work in an old "mainframe" data-center where each 5MByte hard drive had a constant 7 AMP load, where there would be 20 strings of 10 each, and then powering up number 199 would take down the whole power panel due to the startup current of the motor. :shock: )

jg0007

Tue May 25, 2021 11:26 am

Hello The unexpected reboot of WS-12-250-AC continues.

I have connected a nanostation which continues working without restart with another POE feeding on the same Energy as the Netonix
Any Suggestion to this problem

jg0007

Tue May 25, 2021 11:32 am

Attached is a screenshot of both teams, some recommendation
Attachments
papito.jpg
The same power source in both equipment
Netonix.jpg
The same power source in both equipment

Dawizman
Experienced Member

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 pm

What model of inverter are you using? Is it online, or is it active switching? I have seen some inverters with a transfer relay, and the transfer is too slow for some electronics.

Return to General Discussion