Port Diognistics Helped Me Yesterday

iggy05

Port Diognistics Helped Me Yesterday

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:18 am

Not an issue with the program itself but want to give credit as that was a great tool to help with determining if the cable was good or not. I installed 7 new antennas on a new site and a couple of them were the new Rocket AC units. In the ACs I was checking the cable SNR to see what that showed and then checking against what the switch showed in the cable diagnostics. Maybe this is the wrong way to look at it but it is what I am assuming would be a some what comparable value. Anyways on the one cable it showed a good SNR on the Rocket AC but the port diognistic was showing "Abnormal Termination" or something like that and it was showing only 1.25 feet. I took out the connector and there appeared to be some kind of crud or grease of some kind on the end of the connector at one of the two pins it was flagging as bad. I am assuming it was creating some kind of short. Replaced the end and then it came up right.

What I am coming down to is that I really appreciate that this was built in as this probably could of caused some frustrated issues for me down the road since the ACs do use a Gig connection. Probably a good thing to know to as to not trust what the Rocket AC says for the SNR for a cable test at it didn't show an issue with the cable at all. Makes me much happier that I went this route for all future switches. :hurray: :cheers:

Return to General Discussion