International Sales Promotion

sirhc
Employee
Employee

International Sales Promotion

Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:09 am

We have been working hard to figure out a way to get our switches out to international customers but shipping has been a big hurdle and Distributors have been slow to get our products in their inventory and or they mark our switches up above MSRP.

We just got our new discount rate from UPS.

It is not what we wanted but it is not too bad so there is also a temporary discount that will be applied to help ease the pain of shipping until we get even better discounts.

Click HERE to learn more.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

yoder

Re: International Sales Promotion

Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:58 am

Chris,

I tried a simulated purchase of 5 MINI switches and a WS-12-250-AC. After I added the 5 minis I had a discount of $127,46. It doesn]t seem to matter what else I add to the cart, the discount remains the same.

BTW, thanks for the promotion. I think you'll finally get us to buy some product!

Keith

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:38 am

yoder wrote:Chris,

I tried a simulated purchase of 5 MINI switches and a WS-12-250-AC. After I added the 5 minis I had a discount of $127,46. It doesn]t seem to matter what else I add to the cart, the discount remains the same.

BTW, thanks for the promotion. I think you'll finally get us to buy some product!

Keith

There I fixed that.

I will be installing a module today and tomorrow where we charge you or at lest show the duties and brokerage fee up front so it comes to your door with no surprises.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

yoder

Thu May 07, 2015 1:27 pm

I did place my first order using this promotion. The discount more than covered DHL shipping to Brazil. I have to admit I'm still apprehensive that customs with give us the run around here but DHL says it we should receive the shipment in about 10 days.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu May 07, 2015 3:56 pm

yoder wrote:I did place my first order using this promotion. The discount more than covered DHL shipping to Brazil. I have to admit I'm still apprehensive that customs with give us the run around here but DHL says it we should receive the shipment in about 10 days.

Oh you will have duties to pay no doubt as Brazil is brutal.

I heard nightmare stories on duties into Brazil.

My guess will be 80% or higher duties and Taxes.

Report back how much it cost you after you're done crying. Image :Cry2:

yoder

Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 am

Oh I know I'll pay duties. Probably between 90 - 100%. I'm just hoping they'll let me pay duties without a huge run around. I've had things held up in customs because of a missing "signed" invoice. Sometimes there is confusion as to if this is a shipment to a business or an individual. It's just amazing how much of a hit-and-miss importing is to someone who doesn't do this for a living. People who do this everyday and know all the tricks seem to be able to get things here somewhat reliably.

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Sat May 09, 2015 7:30 am

I was an IT employee in a large company with a department in Brazil. We had to smuggle IT stuff through customs if we needed it urgently. If we went the normal legal road and imported it correctly through customs it would take approx. 2 months to get it.....

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat May 09, 2015 8:49 am

jjonsson wrote:I was an IT employee in a large company with a department in Brazil. We had to smuggle IT stuff through customs if we needed it urgently. If we went the normal legal road and imported it correctly through customs it would take approx. 2 months to get it.....

Yea Brazil is a real tough country to get stuff in.

yoder

Fri May 15, 2015 4:42 pm

DHL works! We just received our shipment. We ended up paying 91% in import duties.

If I knew how to post pictures, I would post an unboxing picture....

Next Wednesday we will install the first MINI. I'm going out to the location so I'll write up a little before and after post.

Keith

wayneorack
Experienced Member

Fri May 15, 2015 6:10 pm

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG
yoder wrote:
If I knew how to post pictures, I would post an unboxing picture....

It is way down at the bottom under "Upload attachment"
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.7 KiB) Viewed 13921 times

Return to General Discussion