Warranty no good for <1 year old switch?

GMWSS

Warranty no good for <1 year old switch?

Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:42 pm

Hello,

We purchased a switch on Oct 19th 2019. We submitted an RMA because 2 ports were bad. They fixed it and said we had to pay $75 for the repair. One of the ports was bad out of the box and one went out during use. We didn't return it out of the box because we needed it right then. The other went out connected to a radio that was grounded and had 2 surge protectors on it. We did everything correctly and we are still be charged for the repair.

RMA number is 20200104

I will provide MAC as needed.

Please explain why less than one year old switch isn't covered by warranty.

Dawizman
Experienced Member

Re: Warranty no good for <1 year old switch?

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 am

Cant speak about your case exactly, but if you crash your brand new truck, does the manufacturer warranty it?

In my experience, these switches do not blow ports without a reason. I can always show a good reason. Netonix has always advised against surge protectors. What kind are you using? Do they shunt to ground? If so, there's the problem.

GMWSS

Re: Warranty no good for <1 year old switch?

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 am

If I crash the truck because of a manufacturer defect, the manufacturer would pay for it. And probably face litigation.

One port was blown out of the box. We need the switch badly so we went ahead and used it. After a couple of weeks use the other went out. You are correct, a switch port doesn't go out without a reason. And a defect in manufacturing could be that reason. This is why companies have warranties.

We already sent the switch in and they said they repaired it so we paid the repair fee. In the RMA we said 2 ports were out. When we got the switch back, only 1 port worked. The other one still did not. I am now trying to understand why they didn't do the repair we paid for.

You can defend these guys all you want. But they need to improve their attention to detail and customer service response times.

Return to General Discussion