ToughSWITCH™ vs WISP Switch™ - Why pay more

LRL
Experienced Member

Re: ToughSWITCH™ vs WISP Switch™ - Why pay more

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:59 pm

lligetfa wrote:The latest shipment of TS8-Pros came with 1.3.1 but they are not making it available to download. Ubiquiti is not saying if there was a minor hardware change that required it or what the changelog is.

That's interesting. I now have quite the surplus of TS's hanging around and haven't ordered any since my FC crash issues. I don't understand how companies feel it's acceptable to release different code without stating what's changed.
Last edited by LRL on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

josh
Associate
Associate

Re: ToughSWITCH™ vs WISP Switch™ - Why pay more

Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:11 am

lligetfa wrote:
LRL wrote:Look at how long it's been since TS had a new firmware release.
The latest shipment of TS8-Pros came with 1.3.1 but they are not making it available to download. Ubiquiti is not saying if there was a minor hardware change that required it or what the changelog is.

I don't have first-hand experience with this, as we haven't bought a toughswitch in, well, forever now. We do have tons of extras though...

After last night actually, we replaced *10* toughswitch pros with 2 netonix switches at core sites, and even have one at a very remote, and very hard to get to site.

I would love to find a "new" one with 1.3.1 if anything else, to simply take it apart and see what changed. I did one of the original forum "toughswitch teardowns", complete with switch chip PDF link and pics.

Previous
Return to General Discussion